Honey butter toasted baguette topped with tangy goat cheese, sweet ripe persimmons and candied walnuts. Sweet, salty, crispy, crunchy, chewy persimmon crostini is one of the best persimmon appetizer recipes that you will taste.
If you’re in need of an easy appetizer for all your holiday parties, look no further.
It is just the ULTIMATE Persimmon goat cheese crostini.
- Toasted baguette slices with salted honey butter (YES!!!!)
- Salty and tangy goat cheese
- Sweet, ripe persimmons
- Candied Walnuts that is chewy, made in just 5 minutes and sweet.
This persimmon recipe is Sweet, Salty, Crispy, Crunchy, Chewy, Fruity. A whole lot of YUM.
Healthyish Persimmon Bread <—- A fabulous quick bread made with persimmons
Team players in this persimmon crostini recipe:
A delicious combination that you have to taste to believe.
How to make crostini with goat cheese?
Step-1: Make Easy 5 minute Candied Walnuts
Step-2: Mix salted butter and honey together
Step-3: Slice a loaf of baguette into 1/2-inch thick slices, spread honey butter on each slice.
Step-4: Toast until golden brown and cool
Step-5: Top with goat cheese, sliced ripe persimmons and candied walnuts
Done and DONE.
How to make persimmon crostini ahead for a party?
Previous day – Make candied walnuts and toast honey buttered baguette
Party day – Leave goat cheese at room temperature for a few hours to soften.
– Assemble persimmon goat cheese crostini an hour before you are ready to serve.
Don’t restrict yourself from serving this recipe with persimmons only for parties.
They make a great snack anytime.
We thoroughly enjoyed them for breakfast once!
Honeyed Persimmon and Brie <—- Another persimmon appetizer recipe for parties
More easy party snacks:
Sweet & Spicy Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower and Cashews – The BEST cauliflower recipe and most importantly the Easiest!!!! Sweet and spicy Sriracha roasted cauliflower is a delicious combination of roasted cauliflower and crispy roasted cashews tossed in a sweet and spicy Sriracha-Soy sauce that if finger licking good!! Eat it plain or spoon over cooked white rice for an easy dinner or lunch.
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas that tastes like Tandoori Chicken -Spicy, tangy, crispy, flavor packed and most importantly tastes like Tandoori Chicken!!! Yes, these Indian spicy roasted chickpeas are great as a snack, appetizer, made into wraps or paired with your favorite Indian meal.
Healthyish Baked Chicken Meatballs – Incredible chicken meatballs baked in muffin tin!! Moist, saucy, easy and delicious baked barbecue chicken meatballs with avocado are easy enough for weeknight dinner and great for meal prep.
Soft Garlic Knots with Homemade Pizza Dough – Super soft, buttery, made from scratch garlic knots are surprisingly easy to make with your stand mixer! Enjoy these soft garlic knots with homemade pizza dough and some marinara on the side for dipping. They are great as an appetizer for all your get togethers, game day, spaghetti dinner or even packed into school lunch box.
Easy Baked Shrimp Rolls with Sriracha Ranch – So simple yet delicious easy baked shrimp rolls with sriracha ranch is an impressive appetizer for all your parties, pot lucks, dinners or even lunch box.
Tips and tricks in making this persimmon crostini recipe:
There are two types of persimmons available in the market. We want to use only Fuyu variety for this recipe with persimmons. Select ripe ( not too squishy), sweet ones.
Goat cheese need to be at room temperature. It makes it easier to spread helps in making the caramel walnuts and persimmon to stay intact.
Salted butter is key – The salt elevates the honey toasted baguette. If you are unsalted butter, then add 1/8 teaspoon salt to the honey butter.
You could choose to chop the candied walnuts and sprinkle or leave them whole. I preferred to leave them whole for presentation purposes.
Candied Walnuts, Goat Cheese and Persimmon Crostini
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 2 large ripe Fuyu persimmons, peeled and sliced
- 8 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 recipe candied walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F with the oven rack positioned in the middle. Have a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Stir together honey and butter in a medium bowl, until evenly combined. Spread honey-butter on one side of each baguette slice and place (buttered side up) on the prepared baking sheet (in a single layer).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until toasted (golden in the middle and darker around the edges). Keep a close eye during the last couple of minutes, so that it doesn't get burned.
- Place baking sheet on a wire rack to cool completely.Toasted baguette can be made several hours ahead and stored in an air tight container.
To assemble crostini
- Spread some goat cheese over the top of each baguette slice. Top with a few slices of persimmon and candied walnuts ( you can leave the candied walnuts whole or chop them). Enjoy
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.