The best shrimp soup to cozy up this winter! This creamy shrimp soup is amazingly comforting, quick and everyone will beg for seconds.
Tuscan shrimp and spinach soup —> HOLY YUM!
A warm bowl of this best shrimp soup with a crusty piece of bread will warm your soul in this cold winter – Tender shrimp, fresh spinach, creamy soup, nutty parmesan with a hint of spice.
How do I know that this is an amazing cream of shrimp soup recipe?
I made a sauce version to be served on pasta which is probably the best sauce ever. The Shrimp with sun dried tomato cream sauce is a creamy sauce made with chicken stock, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, parmesan and hint of red pepper flakes. This is great served over pasta or a big hunk of crusty bread.
I couldn’t stop there. Well, I had to create an instant pot version (Click here for more instant pot recipes). Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken soup which is just an Instant pot version with chicken. So, you know this is GOOD STUFF!
Best Shrimp Soup is-
- One pot
If I haven’t convinced you enough, just click here for the pin of this recipe to see all the RAVE REVIEWS.
More Shrimp Recipes:
How to make Italian shrimp soup recipe?
- Cook shrimp in olive oil, until just cooked and transfer to a bowl.
- In the same pan, saute onion, garlic and red pepper flakes in some butter.
- Add some all purpose flour and saute for few seconds until flour is toasted and raw flavor is gone (about 30 seconds)
- Add remaining ingredients (one can stock, 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/4 cup milk, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1/4 cup parmesan, 2 handfuls spinach, salt and pepper).
- Let soup come to a boil, and cook for about two minutes–> soup will thicken slightly and spinach is wilted.
- Take off heat, stir in cooked shrimp along with any accumulated juices ( don’t wanna waste any flavor).
Few reader feedbacks:
“Amazing, next time I’m gonna double the recipe! I seasoned my gulf shrimp with lemon pepper and sautéed my onions in a herb garlic compound butter”
“Holy bananas, this recipe is amazing. It combines all of my favorite things (spinach, seafood & heavy cream 😬) with the added bonus of it being fast & completely yummy! I had all things on hand for a last minute meal (used frozen shrimp 👍🏻)”
“Doubled it. Delicious!”
“The red pepper flakes made it a little too spicy for me personally…next time I’m going to either stay away from them altogether or reduce the amount. Altogether it was fantastic!”
“Delicious and soooo easy to make!”
“I added some Italian sausage to mine for more meat..it came out Delicious!”
“This soup is simple to make and it’s delicious. It’s in our soup rotation!”
“It was AMAZING!! Very easy to make.”
- As is!
- With a crusty bread or garlic knots.
- Meal Prep – Make double batch, cool, pack into mason jars for the week.
- Serve as an appetizer for your next get together.
- Enjoy for lunch with a side salad.
Soups, SOUP and more Soup:
Tuscan Shrimp and Spinach Soup
- 2 tablepsoons olive oil
- 20-24 medium shrimp (about 1/2 pound) peeled, deveined and patted dry
- 2 tablepsoons butter salted or unsalted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 14.5 ounce can chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk refer notes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 handfuls baby spinach chopped or left whole
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt refer notes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- Add olive oil into a medium pan and place over high heat. When hot, place shrimp in a single layer, cook for one minute (without disturbing), turn them over and cook for an additional 30 seconds or cooked. Transfer shrimp to a plate and return pan back to heat, Reduce heat to medium.
- Add butter. Once melts, add onion, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1-2 minutes until translucent. Stir in flour and saute for about 30 seconds, until raw smell of flour is gone.
- Add remaining ingredients (one can stock, 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/4 cup milk, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1/4 cup parmesan, 2 handfuls spinach, salt and pepper). Increase heat to high, let it come to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes until spinach is wilted. Take off heat, stir in shrimp along with any accumulated juices.
- Serve best shrimp soup hot with a crusty bread, if desired.
Salt depends on the stock that you are using and your taste preference. So, use 1/2 teaspoon and add more at the end, if desired.
A total of 3/4 cup heavy cream may be used leaving out milk.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.