Updated Recipe – This Instant Pot chicken parmesan pasta recipe is an easy weeknight dinner recipe. All the flavors of classic chicken parmesan made into a one pot, comforting meal. Easiest clean up!
Commute, homework, basket ball, guitar lessons… Instant pot chicken pasta recipes are such a life saver on week nights.
I love my Instant pot so much, that I have 2 different sizes and use it at least 5 days in a week and come up with new recipes in instant pot almost every day.
This is an easy instant pot chicken parmesan recipe with the addition of pasta. A meal that is often requested by the kiddos and has become a reader favorite.
Chicken parmesan is such a classic dish with breaded chicken cutlets topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Juicy chicken with a crisp coating and the tomato sauce plus warm melted cheese…..D-E-L-I-S-H. It is fabulous as is for dinner with some veggies and garlic bread or also great made into sandwiches as well. I love to enjoy baked chicken parmesan pasta in restaurants or make it over the weekends. Whereas, weekdays calls for easy, quick meals. Enter this instant pot chicken parm!
Instant Pot Italian recipes:
Team players in this BEST CHICKEN PASTA recipe:
- Pasta – I tend to often use penne pasta since my children have somehow loved this shape since their young age. Maybe it’s easy to eat with a fork. Instant pot chicken penne pasta is so wonderful because penne works well in all Instant pots, even the 3-quart one (I tend to struggle with longer pastas like fettuccine/ spaghetti at times. Another instant pot penne pasta —> Instant Pot No-Cream Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce or more pasta recipes in instant pot
- Chicken – You could use both boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts for this Italian chicken pasta recipe. My choice is always chicken thighs – they are juicy, super tender and the additional fat flavors the pasta and makes it even more delicious. Check out more chicken recipes.
- Marinara sauce – Use your favorite brand. I have always loved Prego, tomato basil and garlic (this is not a sponsored post) and use only that sauce for all my recipes and the flavor is A-H-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Have you heard of pasta pizza? Any leftover pasta with tomato sauce can be made into a delicious Leftover Pasta Pizza
- Cheese – We are going with the classic, so it is strictly mozzarella and parmesan.
- Flavorings – Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Pancakes for Dinner – Pizza Pancakes <—– Another kid friendly dinner idea!!!
Instant pot chicken and pasta recipes are so wonderful that I tend to make many variations.
Love to make chicken parmesan in Instant pot without the carbs? Check out this Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan that is great as is or made into sandwiches.
Why are you going to love this Instant pot chicken pasta recipe ?
- All good things here. Pasta. Chicken. Tomato sauce. Cheese. How can you go wrong?
- One pot to clean <— my favorite
- Chicken is melt-in-your-mouth tender
- Uses jarred pasta sauce ( I used Prego )
- All pantry ingredients + chicken
- Tastes amazing
How to make Instant pot chicken parmesan pasta?
Step-1: Heat Instant pot to saute. Saute onion and garlic in some olive oil when hot.
Step-2: Add chicken and continue to saute for additional two minutes.
Step-3: Cancel Instant pot, stir in pasta, marinara sauce, water, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Pressure cook for 7 minutes and then in warm for 10 minutes.
Step-4: Release pressure, open lid, sprinkle both cheeses, close lid for about 2 minutes to melt cheese. Give a good stir and serve.
Super easy chicken parmesan for the win!
More easy weeknight chicken dinner ideas:
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 and 1/4 cups marinara sauce, I used Prego
- 1 cup water, refer notes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspooon salt, refer notes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley or basil, to garnish (optional)
- Set Instant pot to saute setting. When hot, add olive oil and then chopped onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently for 1 minute. Add chicken pieces and cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Press cancel and then add marinara sauce, water, Italian seasoning, salt and ground pepper. Stir well, place pasta on top of the liquid (DO NOT STIR), pressing lightly for them to be slightly immersed in the liquid, but do not stir. Close and lock lid (making sure that valve is set to sealing). Select manual setting (or pressure cooker) for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, let Instant pot in the warm mode for 4 minutes. Turn valve to venting to release pressure. Open lid, sprinkle both cheeses, close lid and let cheese melt for one minute.
- Open Instant pot, stir to mix in melted cheese and serve Instant pot chicken parmesan pasta hot with chopped parsley or basil. Or cool and pack into meal prep containers.(Few readers have brought to our attention that they get the 'BURN' signal while making this recipe. So, we have made necessary changes to the recipe to avoid burning. The recipe has been tested in both 8-quart and 3-quart sizes)
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.