A 20 minute weeknight meal! No fuss, easy instant pot gluten free pasta shakshuka is one of my favorite recipe mashups!
The popular middle eastern shakshuka and Italian pasta in marinara sauce comes together into one easy peasy recipe mashup!
Spicy, saucy pasta with eggs poached on top….Sooo GOOD!
A piece of crusty bread to mop up all that extra sauce. Make it gluten free bread instead.
I’m on a role with Instant Pot!
Especially cooking pasta in an instant pot —> no dealing with hot, boiling water. One pan …no pot.
Safe for younger kids to make pasta. Check out more Instant pot recipes
Why are you gonna love this Instant pot gluten free pasta shakshuka?
- Perfect for busy weeknights
- One pot —> easy cleanup
- Jarred marinara sauce for convenience
- Mostly pantry ingredients
- Kid friendly
- Poached eggs on top is the cherry on top
- Spicy <— my favorite
But, don’t you worry. If spicy food is not jam then you could skip or use less peppers.
How to make this Instant pot pasta recipe?
(refer pictures above from left to right)
- Saute onion, garlic and sliced jalapeño peppers in coconut oil or olive oil.
- Stir in paprika and ground cumin.
- Add gluten free pasta, marinara sauce, water and salt.
- Stir and cook in manual for 5 minutes.
- Release pressure, open lid, break eggs on top.
- Cook in manual for 1-2 minutes
- Release pressure, sprinkle feta and chopped parsley.
Key notes on making this Instant pot pasta:
The timing and liquid measurement works only for gluten free pasta, since it is less starchy than regular pasta. However, check out this similar reader favorite Instant pot pasta recipe —> Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
Salt depends on the type of marinara sauce that you are using and your taste. I used about 1 teaspoon salt and found it perfect for my taste.
Set second cooking time for 1 minute for very soft eggs and 2 minutes for firmer eggs( on manual).
This recipe makes a saucy pasta just like a shakshuka. But, if you prefer to have little less sauce, then increase pasta to 5 ounces.
Release pressure as soon as it beeps. If the pasta is let to hang out in warm, then it might get over cooked.
Let pasta rest uncovered for 5 -10 minutes before serving. This helps the sauce to thicken a bit and eggs top set well.
More Instant pot pasta recipes:
Or this hugely popular Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
Instant Pot, Gluten free Pasta Shakshuka
- 3 tablespoons Coconut or Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 3 jalapeno pepper, remove seeds and slice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 ounces Gluten-Free Quinoa Fusilli Pasta
- 1 and 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt, refer notes
- 3 to 5 eggs
- crumbled feta cheese
- chopped parsley
- Heat Instant pot to saute. Add coconut or olive oil when hot and then followed by group-1 ingredients (onion, garlic and jalapeños pepper). Saute for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in group-2 ingredients (paprika and ground cumin). Saute for 20 to 30 seconds to toast the spices.
- Press cancel, add group-3 ingredients (pasta, marinara sauce, water and salt). Stir well, close and lock lid (making sure the valve is set to seal). Cook for 5 minutes on manual.
- When done, release pressure immediately and open lid. Break in all the eggs without touching each other. Close and lock lid (making sure the valve is set to seal). Cook for 1 minute for very soft eggs and 2 minutes for firmer eggs( on manual).
- Release pressure immediately when done, open lid, sprinkle crumbled feta cheese and chopped parsley.
- Let pasta rest for 5-10 minutes before serving (uncovered). This allows the sauce to thicken slightly and eggs to set.
- Salt depends on the type of marinara sauce that you are using and your taste. I used about 1 teaspoon salt and found it perfect for my taste.
- This recipe makes a saucy pasta just like a shakshuka. But, if you prefer to have little less sauce, then increase pasta to 5 ounces.
- The measurements and time might not work for regular pasta, as gluten free pastas cook much quicker and is a lot a less starchy. You can checkout this Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta that uses regular penne and jarred marinara sauce.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.