No added oil! Skip takeout and make this easy instant pot cashew chicken for a quick weeknight dinner or meal prep for the week. Simply serve this one pot cashew chicken over plain white or brown rice.
This cashew chicken in instant pot is too simple!!!
Perfectly cooked chicken and buttery crisp cashews coated in a thin silky, sweet ginger garlic sauce that is awesome spooned over white rice and you have a delicious, healthier restaurant quality meal right at home.
All made in your Instant pot, YESSSSS.
Another Instant pot win!!!!
Check out this easy, peasy Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
Why is this the best instant pot cashew chicken?
- Easy peasy
- One pot—> Instant pot
- Easy clean up
- Weeknight dinner
- Meal prep
- Family favorite
- Restaurant quality
- Tastes amazing
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta <—– Another amazing instant pot dinner
How to make amazing cashew chicken instant pot?
Dump. Cook. Simmer. Eat.
As easy as that. Seriously one of the simplest recipes out there!
Step-1: Chop onion, ginger, garlic and measure sauces and sugar
Step-2: When Instant pot is hot, dump all ingredients, stir and cook in manual for 5 minutes.
Step-3: Release pressure, bring to a boil in saute mode, stir in cornstarch slurry and let boil for 30 seconds.
Spoon over white rice and you have your self an easy instant pot cashew chicken
I told ya… easy peasy.
Click here for easy Instant pot dinners
Let us compare this Cashew chicken Instapot v/s skillet cashew chicken stir fry
- No added oil. You just dump all ingredients into the instant pot, cook for five minutes, release pressure. simmer for a minute with a cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce slightly. So much healthier than than greasy cashew chicken stir fry from a takeout container.
- Dump it and forget it. So much easier than standing in front of the stove with a hot skillet or wok.
- Chicken cooks so tender and perfect in the Instant pot. ‘Tis a pressure cooker cashew chicken after all.
- Chicken cooks in the sauce, adding so much more flavor.
- The Instapot cashew chicken makes a saucy cashew chicken that is perfect served with rice. You don’t need to make chow mein /fried rice.
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta – All the flavors of classic chicken parmesan made into a one pot, comforting meal.
How to meal prep cashew chicken ?
Make easy instant pot cashew chicken. Let cool completely. In the mean time, cook white or brown rice using your favorite cooking method.
Place rice into meal prep containers and divide chicken over rice, spooning sauce over the chicken. Close and place in refrigerator for the week. Microwave cashew chicken recipe instant pot until hot before eating.
Check out more Lunch Box Recipes
Can we add any vegetables into this easy cashew chicken instant pot recipe?
Choices – Green bell peppers, asparagus, broccoli, broccoli stems…..
- Set instant pot to saute mode. Add a tablespoon oil (sorry peeps this is essential when adding veggies). Add your vegetable of choice, stir occasionally and cook for 2-4 minutes, until crisp and slightly cooked. Remove onto a plate and then proceed with the recipe as given. Stir into the cashew chicken instant pot recipe when done.
- If you wish to cook your veggie further, you can add the veggie back into the dish before adding the cornstarch slurry (in step 4) or add along with cashews and scallions and give a good toss.
OR simply serve easy instant pot cashew chicken with white rice and steamed broccoli/green beans.
Check out more easy chicken dinner recipes.
More delicious restaurant take out recipes at home:
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice – Chinese take-out right in your Instant pot. Packed with chunks of tender chicken, scrambled eggs, carrots and peas, this Instant pot chicken fried rice is easier and healthier. No more take-outs!!!
Honey Soy Chicken and Green Beans Stir Fry – So simple yet so amazingly delicious honey soy chicken and green beans stir fry. Enjoy for dinner with white/brown rice or meal prep for the week. Even your picky eaters will gobble these green beans!
Spicy Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl – Chicken burrito bowl meal prep are perfect for planning weekday lunches (or dinner) ahead. Loaded with flavor this chicken burrito bowl recipe is healthy and amazingly delicious!
Instant Pot Shrimp Fried Rice – Chinese take-out right in your Instant pot. Packed with chunks of succulent tender shrimp, scrambled eggs, carrots and peas, this Instant pot shrimp fried rice is easier and healthier. This fried rice in instant pot is our go to weeknight dinner!
Easy Instant Pot Cashew Chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces (500 grams)
- 1 cup diced onion pieces (cut into1-inch discs) (refer notes)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (not packed)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chinese cooking wine (Shaosing wine)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (less or more as per taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3/4 cup roasted cashews
- 2 scallions or green onions, thinly sliced
- Have all ingredients chopped and measured. Set instant pot in saute mode.
- When hot, press cancel, add all ingredients (except additional ingredients) and give a stir to mix everything.
- Close pot and lock lid (with valve set to seal). Set Instant pot to 5 minutes in manual mode. When done, release pressure immediately.
- Open lid, press cancel and then to saute mode. Stir together cornstarch and water in a small bowl and add to the Instant pot. Stir well, let it come to a boil and let cook for 20-30 seconds. Turn instant pot off, stir in roasted cashews and scallions.
- Spoon over plain white or brown rice and pack into meal prep containers.(This easy instant pot cashew chicken makes a thin sauce that is perfect to be served with white/brown rice). The sauce will thicken slightly as it cools.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the origial recipe.