This wholesome 4 ingredient guilt free chocolate hummus is made with garbanzo beans, dates, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and sea salt is so delicious served with cinnamon sugar pita chips. Easy, quick and so good for you!
Okay, so this is hummus. Ain’t your authentic hummus!
Amazingly wholesome…. 3 main ingredients <—– Canned chickpeas. Dates. Cocoa Powder.
Go ahead, indulge and feel good.
This chocolate hummus with cinnamon is –
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
Instant Pot Thai Chickpea and Spinach Curry <— Easy, healthy take out right at home
Guilt free chocolate hummus with cinnamon sugar pita chips <–Snacking couldn’t get any more yummier!
First…. let us make cinnamon sugar pita chips:
Step-1: Cut each pita bread (whole wheat, wheat or regular) into 8 wedges.
Step-2: Stir sugar and ground cinnamon together
Step-3: Coat both sides of pita wedges with a coating of non-stick cooking spray (alternatively, you brush melted butter or coconut oil). Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.
Step-4: Bake at 350 F for about 18 minutes, until deep golden and crisp (refer picture above)
Homemade Almond Butter Cups <—- Another 4-ingredient winner!!
Let us look at the team players in making this dessert hummus recipe:
CHICKPEAS : There is no soaking! Just open up a can of chickpeas, drain, rinse and pat dry. So easy and so convenient. If you happen to have additional cans of garbanzo beans then you might wanna check out this Salsa Chickpeas or this Baked Beet Falafel recipe.
Dates : One of the best natural sweetener there is! I have used soft, plump Medjool dates. Love dates? Check out Raw Date and Nut Salami <—- So good!
Cocoa powder : Nothing fancy here. Just your good old cocoa powder from the baking section of your grocery store.
Vanilla extract, Salt : Make it more delicious
Water : Enough to blend
How to make 4 ingredient guilt free chocolate hummus?
Step-1: Add drained, rinsed canned chickpeas, pitted dates, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and salt into a food processor (refer picture above, left). Process for about 30 seconds until ground.
Step-2: Add water and grind until smooth and creamy ( refer picture above, right).
Done and DONE!
How easy was that?
Don’t have a sweet tooth? Check out this Spicy Ginger Garlic Pita Chips
How to meal prep guilt free chocolate hummus?
- Make cinnamon sugar pita chips. Cool and store in a covered container at room temperature for up 2 days.
- Make chocolate hummus. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
- Have your choice of berries or fruits ready in the refrigerator
- Just before eating or packing, transfer cinnamon sugar pita chips, chocolate hummus and berries into meal prep containers.
More GOOD-FOR-YOU treats:
Raw Date and Nut Salami – No-cook, vegan raw date and nut salami is a really delicious snack made with dates, coconut oil, shredded coconut, cashews, pistachios and almonds. Incredibly healthy and guilt-free!
Whole Wheat Double Chocolate Avocado Muffins – An amazingly healthier version of chocolate muffins! They are perfectly moist, chocolatey, delicious and so decadent. The ultimate whole wheat chocolate avocado muffins.
The 5 ingredient Homemade Date Nut Bars – Raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and amazingly healthy 5 ingredient homemade date nut bars that are perfect guilt free snacks or a light breakfast.
Salt and Pepper Cashews – Crispy roasted cashews coated with salt and coarsely ground black pepper!!! Perfect as a snack anytime, homemade gift during holiday season and school snack box. These salt and pepper cashews are highly addictive.
The 4 ingredient Guilt Free Chocolate Hummus
4 Ingredient guilt free chocolate hummus
Cinnamon sugar Pita Chips
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pita bread, I used whole wheat
Make 4 Ingredient guilt free chocolate hummus
- Add all ingredients except water into a food processor and process for about 30 seconds, until they look like coarse mixture (refer pictures).
- Add water (start with 6 tablespoon) and process for 2 to 3 minutes. Check after about 90 seconds, add additional 2 tablespoons water if necessary, We are going for a texture that will be much thicker than regular hummus.
- Transfer chocolate hummus into a a serving bowl. (Chocolate hummus can be refrigerated in a covered container for up to 2 days)
Make cinnamon sugar pita chips
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F and have a baking sheet ready.
- Stir together sugar and ground cinnamon in small bowl.
- Cut each pita bread into 8 wedges each and place on the baking sheet in a single layer. Spray a coating of non-stick cooking spray and turn wedges over and spray again on the other side.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of the pita wedges.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes, until golden and crisp. If you are using regular ( not whole wheat) pita bread, then the pita chips will be lighter in color. Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely. (Cinnamon sugar pita chips can be stored in an air tight container at room temperature for couple of days)
How to meal prep chocolate hummus with cinnamon pita chips?
- Make cinnamon sugar pita chips. Cool and store in a covered container at room temperature for up 2 days.Make chocolate hummus. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. Have your choice of berries or fruits ready in the refrigeratorJust before eating or packing, transfer cinnamon sugar pita chips, chocolate hummus and berries into meal prep containers.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.