No-cook, vegan raw date and nut salami is a really delicious snack made with dates, coconut oil, shredded coconut, cashews, pistachios and almonds. Incredibly healthy and guilt-free!
Something sweet in the middle of the day? Yes please.
Better yet if it is TOTALLY guilt-free!
These healthy date nut snacks are RAW. VEGAN. PALEO. DAIRY FREE. GLUTEN-FREE. NO COOK. NO BAKE.
Aaand, it tastes really, really good.
How to make healthy raw date and nut salami?
- Add dates and coconut oil into a food processor.
- Process until it gets smooth (taste this, yes really! Doesn't it taste so good? I honestly will be be happy licking this with a spoon)
- Scrape off the mixture into a bowl. Stir in nuts with a spoon or hand (does a better job of getting everything well combined).
- Shape into 6-inch log.
- Wrap the log in a parchment paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm ( at least 6 hours or overnight)
- Unwrap, slice with a sharp knife.
- Transfer to a container and store in refrigerator.
Salt and Pepper Cashews <----- Crispy, crunchy, spicy ….ADDICTIVE!
A note on the ingredients used for the healthy date nut bars
- I used soft, plump Medjool dates for this recipe.
- If you are using the firmer Noor dates variety then, soak dates (equal weight) in hot tap water for about 15 minutes, discard water and use in recipe. You might have to stop, re-distribute ingredients often to get to a creamy consistency.
- You could use mix and match nuts (use the same measure as given) according to your taste or whatever you have on hand.
- Try not to skip the coconut. It adds texture and contributes to the amazing taste when combined with coconut oil.
No cook, 4 Ingredient Raw Almond Bites <---- Another simple, healthy, raw, guilt-free treat!
These vegan date nut salami gets soft at room temperature. So, enjoy straight from the refrigerator.
Don't like slices? Shape into a bar instead of the log. Chill and cut into small bars.
Here are more super healthy recipes that might be of interest -
The 5-ingredient Date Nut Bars <--- same recipe, made into bars
Oven Baked Beet Falafel <-- an easy and super healthy version of the popular snack
Avocado Agua Fresca <-- drink your way to better health.
15 Last Minute Christmas Baking Recipes <---- Cookies, candy, healthy treats and even no bake recipes!
Raw Date and Nut Salami
- 6 large medjool dates, pitted (3.1 ounces by weight after removing pits)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted until warm
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup raw pistachios
- ¼ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons raw almonds
- Into a food processor, place dates and coconut oil, process for 20 seconds, scrape the sides of the processor and process again for additional 1 minute, until it very smooth.
- Transfer mixture into a medium bowl and all remaining ingredients. Stir with a spatula or hands (more convenient), until evenly combined.
- Shape dough into a 6-inch thick log. Roll in a parchment paper or plastic wrap, press again to a form a tight log. Place in refrigerator for at least 6 hours or up to 2 days.
- Unwrap and cut into slices with a sharp knife. Store slices in the refrigerator. Alternatively, shape mixture into a square or rectangle, chill and cut into small bars / squares.
- Makes about 12 slices
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.