This Banana Date Smoothie is easy to make with 5 simple ingredients, packed with nutrients, ready in less than 5 minutes and tastes so delicious.
BANANA DATE SMOOTHIE
Smoothie is a perfect healthy sweet treat any time of day! Whether for quick breakfast, snack anytime or after workout, it’s sweet, delicious and so easy to make!
Dates add natural sweetness, creaminess and nutrition. Kids love it since it is sweet and chocolatey, perfect snack when they are playing outside.
I love shakes of all kinds, especially ones that tastes chocolatey like this Oatmeal Smoothie or Black Forest Shake.
When my sweet tooth hits, it's a seriously delicious dessert, without the guilt. Made with 100% wholesome ingredients, The fruit add a caramel tones, thickness and decadent!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS DRINK?
- Only 5 ingredients – Can’t get any easier than that!
- Refined sugar free - This milkshake gets its sweetness from the fruits, so there is no need for additional sweeteners.
- Fiber-rich - The fruits and almond butter are all high in fiber which helps to keep you regular and aids in digestion.
- Keeps you full - This is filling and will keep you satisfied for hours and help you power through until lunch time.
How do you soften dates in smoothies?
We like the extra fancy Medjool variety, which is soft and tender when compared to the Noor variety, so they don't need any prepping before blending.
If using Noor variety, then blend them along with the liquid for 20 to 30 seconds (this helps in breaking down the fibers and resulting in a more creamier smoothie), before adding the remaining ingredients. You can also soak them in warm milk for at least 5 minutes. This will help them soften up and make sure that you can easily blend them.
What Type of Dates to Use?
These are two types generally found in grocery stores – Soft, plump Medjool ones and drier, chewier Deglet noor variety. This recipe uses 3 Medjool fruits (If using Noor variety then use 4 to 5).
Best blenders to use
We love to use Vitamix or Nutri bullet when making a single serving. But, any home blender will do the trick. You want to use something that has enough power to blend the dried fruit into a smooth creamy consistency.
This shake recipe requires only 5 simple ingredients!
- Medjool variety - It gives a natural sweetness and caramel flavor (or use Noor variety). Make sure to pit them before using. They are nature’s candy!
- Banana - Use fresh or frozen ripe fruits.
- Almond butter - It adds thickness, creaminess and a nutty flavor. Peanut butter is a great substitute.
- Cocoa powder - Dutch process cocoa powder.
- Milk - Use full fat, reduced fat milk or almond milk to make it vegan.
PRO TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Make it dairy-free: Simply replace regular milk with almond milk.
- Nut butters - Use peanut or cashew butter instead of almond butter.
- Vegan - Almond milk instead of regular milk.
- Protein - Feel free to add a scoop of your favorite vanilla or chocolate protein powder.
- Make it thicker - Use frozen fruits to make it extra thick.
- Add toppings - Top the shake with granola, sliced almonds, mini chocolate chips, shredded coconut or sliced banana.
How to make?
Add fruits, almond butter, cocoa powder, milk and vanilla extract into a blender and blend until very smooth. Enjoy immediately.
This is best enjoyed fresh, but it can be stored in the fridge in a sealed mason jar for up to a day.
They are a source of fructose, a natural sugar found in fruits and a few vegetables. Hence, they make a great healthy replacement for white sugar with almost 30 grams per serving.
They are dried fruits, which results in a higher calorie content than most fresh fruits. A serving of 3 to 5 Medjool guys has 140 calories, so it recommended to consume them in moderation which can help in weight loss as well.
There are 333 calories with 7 grams fiber and 10 grams of protein in one serving.
Yes, especially if you are using medjool variety. Softening them in some warm liquid or using a high-speed blender will help as well.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes to try:
Follow me on INSTAGRAM, TIK TOK, FACEBOOK or PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
Banana Date Smoothie
- 3 large Medjool dates pitted
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information is based on third party calculations, should be considered estimates and not be construed as a guarantee. Varying factors such as product types, brands purchased, produce, the way ingredients are processed and more change the nutritional information in any recipe.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love your feedback! Please let me know by leaving a comment or review below or snap a photo and share on Instagram.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com.
Leave a Reply