This Walnut Smoothie is amazingly healthy made with walnuts, dates, cocoa powder, banana and milk - Delicious and Nutritious!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases through our affiliate link. For more information read our Non-Disclosure Agreement.
This breakfast shake is made using superfood ingredients, naturally sweetened with dates and tastes decadent. If you are looking for more healthy ways to use dates, then try this Avocado Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Date Balls or Date Caramels.
Made using few simple ingredients this milkshake comes together quickly. It is perfect on hectic mornings when you are running out the door for work or school. This is a delicious way to use farm fresh nuts like this caramel walnuts or orange cake.
Why You'll Love This Recipe?
- Healthy - It boasts anti oxidants, omega 3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, calcium, and rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Only 5 ingredients - It is made using 5 good for you ingredients along with vanilla extract.
- Tastes amazing - It's like dessert milkshake.
- Quick and easy - It is perfect for busy mornings for a quick grab and go drink.
- Thick and creamy - Dates, banana and walnuts makes it very thick and creamy.
- Walnuts - Raw walnuts.
- Banana - Use a ripe fruit for natural sweetness.
- Milk - We used regular whole milk.
- Cocoa powder - We used Hershey's 100% cocoa.
- Dates - We use Medjool dates which makes it easier to blend.
- Vanilla extract - Elevates to taste like a dessert shake.
- Blenders to use – A high speed blender like Vitamix or NutriBullet is great for milkshakes. Nutri bullet was perfect to make this single serve recipe.
- Dairy free - Use almond milk or oat milk to make it dairy free.
- Banana - Use a very ripe fruit or frozen one.
- Dates - Use pitted Medjool or Noor dates.
- Blend for at least one minute - Make sure to blend for at least a minute to make sure that dates are blended well.
How to Make?
Place all you ingredients into a powered blender and blend for about a minute or until very smooth. Pour into a glass and serve.
How to Store?
This drink is best enjoyed fresh but can be stored for up to a day. The best part of this recipe is that it makes just one serving so you will not have any leftovers.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
They are exceptionally nutritious loaded with anti oxidants, omega 3 fatty acids, reduces inflammation, reduce the risk of heart disease and adds a healthy boost to your breakfast drink.
If you try this recipe or any other recipe from Kitchen At Hoskins, please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. And if you took any pictures, be sure to share them on Instagram so I can share them on my stories.
More Chocolate Smoothie recipes to try:
- 1 cup + ½ cup milk
- 1 Banana, large
- ½ cup walnuts
- 3 to 4 large Medjool dates, pitted (adjust according to desired sweetness)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients into a blender, blend for at least a minute (until smooth) and serve.
Dairy free - Use almond milk or oat milk to make it dairy free.
Dates - Use pitted Medjool or Noor dates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 820Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 118gFiber: 15gSugar: 86gProtein: 17g
I am not a certified dietician or nutritionist. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is a product of online calculator such as Nutrifox.com.. Although Kitchen at Hoskins attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their fact sources and algorithms. Under no circumstances will Kitchen at Hoskins be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the nutritional information. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.