This Jalapeno dip is rich, creamy, spicy, cheesy and easy. It is going to be one of your go to vegetarian party appetizer for any occasion.
An easy crowd pleaser that is perfect for the Holidays, game day or any occasion. We love to find new ways to enjoy our favorite pepper like this Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers or Avocado Crema.
It is addictive, quick, easy, can be made ahead and baked in the oven just before guests arrive. This is one of those dishes that friends congregate around just like this Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip or Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower.
We have used canned peppers for their flavor and convenience. If you want to use fresh ones then we suggest roasting them first since the peppers don't get a chance to cook in the short baking time.
Why You Will Love This Dip?
- Tasty - It is creamy, cheesy, spicy and addictive.
- Make ahead - It can be made ahead, refrigerated and baked hot just before your guests.
- Vegetarian - There is no bacon or sausage in the recipe, making it perfect for everyone to enjoy.
How To Make Ahead?
To prepare this ahead of time, combine the ingredients as instructed, spread into the baking dish (don't use cast iron skillet if refrigerating), wrap well with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Bake just before your guests arrive.
What Kind of Chips To Use?
We like to serve with corn tortilla chips which is the perfect balance of salt and crunch. Other chips like Fritos, bagel chips, crackers, toasted bread or fresh vegetables like carrot, broccoli, cauliflower and celery sticks, are also delicious.
How To Use Fresh Jalapenos?
If using fresh peppers, we recommend roasting them first. To roast, brush the outside with oil. Cook them, turning occasionally, over a hot grill, gas stove or broil, until the skin is charred and black.
Transfer into a paper bag, fold ends to seal and leave for 5 minutes. Remove from bag and rub off the charred skin with a paper towel. Chop peppers into small pieces removing seeds and ribs.
INGREDIENTS (Scroll to the bottom of the post for full recipe)
- Jalapeno - Straight from a can makes it very easy and adds so much flavor.
- Cheeses - Three types of cheese is used for a cheesy goodness. Plain block style cream cheese, shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Mayonnaise - It helps with the creamy consistency and makes it delectable.
- Scallion - Use chopped fresh scallion.
How To Make (Scroll to the bottom of the post for full recipe)
- Combine - Beat cream cheese until creamy with a electric beater and then mix in drained canned jalapeños, cheddar, mayonnaise, chopped scallions and salt.
- Bake - Top with shredded mozzarella, sliced jalapeños and bake at 425 degrees until top is golden brown in color.
How To Serve?
It is perfect served as appetizer with tortilla chips for your next party, game day or Christmas.
What To Do with Leftovers?
If you happen to have leftovers, then it makes a tasty sandwich filling, on top of burger or topping for baked potatoes.
If you try this recipe or any other recipe from Kitchen At Hoskins, please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. And if you took any pictures, be sure to share them on Instagram so I can share them on my stories.
More Spicy Appetizers to Try:
- One 8-ounce block cream cheese at room temperature
- One 4-ounce can diced jalapeños drain well
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large scallion finely chopped
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh jalapeno slices for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F and have a 6-inch cast iron skillet or any similar size baking pan ready.
- Add softened cream cheese into a medium bowl and beat with an electric beater until light and creamy.
- Add drained jalapenos, cheddar, mayo, salt and scallion. Beat for 10 to 20 seconds to thoroughly combine.
- Spread mixture into the skillet or baking pan, sprinkle mozzarella on top and then sliced jalapenos.
- Bake for 18 to 23 minutes, until the top is golden and bubbly.
- Serve hot with your favorite chips.
Nutritional information is based on third party calculations, should be considered estimates and not be construed as a guarantee. Varying factors such as product types, brands purchased, produce, the way ingredients are processed and more change the nutritional information in any recipe.
Follow me on INSTAGRAM, TIK TOK, FACEBOOK or PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
This dip was DELICIOUS. Everyone at the party that I brought it to gobbled it right up. Not overly spicy- just the perfect kick like a jalapeño popper!
Happy to hear hun, Mario