Easy Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip Recipe made with Rotisserie Chicken - It is Creamy, Spicy, cheesy, Super Easy and unbelievably good! Made in under 40 minutes (including cooking time), this is the perfect appetizer for your next game day or party.
Check out other popular appetizers like Buffalo Cauliflower Air Fryer, Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms or Air Fryer Jalapenos.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases through our affiliate link. For more information read our Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip
The BIG Super bowl is this weekend and what is a more winning dish than a Spicy, Creamy, Cheesy goodness just like this jalapeno dip.
Buffalo wings top the list when it comes to Game day snacks and this buffalo chicken dip uses rotisserie chicken or use shredded air fryer whole chicken for a super easy snack and is made without blue cheese. My favorite part, it is NON-GREASY and not LIQUIDY!
This recipe takes the best part of buffalo chicken wings and turn them into an out-of-this-world hot dip. The combination of melted cheese, ranch dressing, hot sauce, and chicken makes it irresistible.
Why You'll Love This Dip?
- Sinfully creamy
- Cheesy ---> made with 3 different types of cheese
- Made from scratch
- Just 6 ingredients
What is it made of?
A tried and true party favorite appetizer with hot wing flavors - Made up of buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, cream cheese, cooked chicken and a blend of cheeses (we used cheddar and mozzarella). It is super flavorful and a cheese lovers dream with this 3 cheese goodness.
CAST IRON SKILLET
It is perfect since the sauce is warmed in the stovetop and then it goes into the oven to finish cooking. If you don't own a skillet, then warm the sauce in a regular skillet, mix in cream cheese and then all other ingredients. Transfer to a baking dish (use a one-quart baking dish), top with jalapeños and bake as instructed.
What is goes good with this spread?
Our favorite way to serve is with tortilla chips --> The salty, crunchy chip adds a lovely contrast in texture and flavor.
WHAT CHICKEN TO USE?
It can be made with any leftover cooked chicken (without much seasonings), rotisserie, canned chicken or even leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
CAN YOU MAKE THIS IN ADVANCE?
Sure can! You can whip up this in advance and refrigerate until it’s ready to be baked.
Once assembled, this dip can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days, depending on the freshness of the chicken used. When ready to bake, let the dip warm up on the counter for about 30 minutes, then bake per the recipe instructions.
HOW long can you leave out a party dip?
It is best to keep track of how long the spread sits at room temperature. Warm dips can be left out for a maximum of three hours. But, be sure to check very often for safety. It is also a great option to use a warming try, so it is good for few hours.
HOW LONG IS THIS GOOD FOR?
Cooled dip can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for two to three days.
When ready to eat, allow it to come to room temperature (for about 30 minutes), then bake as per instructions.
What Kind of Cheese Goes Well?
Blue cheese is a classic when it comes to buffalo chicken wings. However, there are several (including on of my own) who are not a fan of blue cheese. So, we came up with a recipe (using a mix of cheddar and mozzarella), without blue cheese yet tastes incredible delicious.
What goes in this dip?
- Buffalo sauce - Frank's Original Red Hot sauce is the best sauce to make an unbelievably good appetizer that is the perfect super bowl food.
- Ranch - We used Hidden Valley Original.
- Cream Cheese - We used Philadelphia Cheese Cream Original.
- Chicken - Chopped cooked leftover rotisserie chicken.
- Cheese - We used a mix of Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses.
- Produce - Scallion and jalapeños peppers.
Pro Tips for Success
- Use room temperature cream cheese for it to mix well. Take it out of the refrigerator at least couple of hours before making.
- If using cold cream cheese, then chop into bite size pieces before adding to the sauce.
- Use full fat cream cheese - Low fat may seperate when baked.
- Chicken - We used rotisserie chicken (do not use the skin, since it adds additional salt). Chop the chicken into small pieces or shred with two forks. I like to always use Costco rotisserie chicken.
- Best sauce to use? Hands down, Frank’s RedHot Sauce!
- Adjust spiciness - You can reduce Franks red hot sauce if feeding to kids. However we highly recommend not doing so since this recipe is not too spicy!
- Jalapenos are optional - It makes a pretty presentation and adds additional texture and flavor. Remove the seeds if you like less spicy.
- Broil - This step is optional, but gives a beautiful golden brown top to the finished dish.
- Feed a larger crowd - Double the recipe and bake in a 10-inch cast iron skillet.
What to serve with this dip?
- Toasted bread chunks
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- Red bell pepper sticks
- Sliced cucumber
- Toasted Baguette slices
- Toasted Pita chips
- Thick potato chips
Best Chips to Use For Dipping?
- Tortilla chips
- Fritos scoops
- Thick Potato chips
- Club crackers
- Carrot slices
How to make?
- Warm sauce - Pour Franks hot sauce and ranch dressing into a medium cast iron skillet, stir to combine and warm on the stovetop.
- Mix in all other ingredients - Stir in room temperature cream cheese, until well combined and then followed by rotisserie chicken, Cheddar, mozzarella and scallion. Top with sliced jalapeños.
- Bake - Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 19 minutes and broil for about 2 minutes.
How to make ahead?
Mix the dip in a baking dish or skillet, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to a day. Leave at room temperature for at least an hour before baking.
How long is it good for in the refrigerator?
Leftover dip can be refrigerated for about 3 days. Simply microwave before serving.
Can you freeze?
Sure! Freeze in a sealed container and remove from the freezer few hours before you want to reheat and allow to thaw – then add to the microwave to reheat or into an oven safe dish.
Love Spicy? Check out more:
Leftover meal ideas:
- Top a slice of toasted crusty bread with the warm mixture and top with sliced jalapeños.
- Fill into toasted hot dog buns
- Make a sandwich
- Make mini appetizers --> Top crackers with the dip and place a pepper slice on top.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes! Make sure to use gluten free chips or bread as well.
We loved the flavor using ranch when compared to blue cheese for this recipe.
More Game Day Appetizer Recipes:
Follow me on INSTAGRAM, TIK TOK, FACEBOOK or PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon Buffalo sauce use Franks Original
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon Ranch dressing
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 scallions or green onions chopped
- Sliced jalapeños optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add buffalo sauce and ranch dressing into a medium cast iron skillet, stir mell and place over low heat, cooking until warm (Refer instructions if not using a skillet).
- Remove skillet from heat and mix in cream cheese until well combined.
- Stir in chicken, both cheeses and chopped scallion. Mix well and spread the mixture evenly. Top with sliced jalapeños, if using.
- Bake for about 18 minutes. Switch the oven to broil and broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until the top gets golden brown in color.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle more scallions and jalapeños and serve hot with tortilla chips.
Nutritional information is based on third party calculations, should be considered estimates and not be construed as a guarantee. Varying factors such as product types, brands purchased, produce, the way ingredients are processed and more change the nutritional information in any recipe.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love your feedback! Please let me know by leaving a comment or review below or snap a photo and share on Instagram.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
Leave a Reply