Easy Almond Butter Chocolate Cups Recipe are ridiculously easy to make in your microwave with just 4 ingredients!! Made with coconut oil, it is rich, decadent, no bake, dairy free and a perfect guilt free snack!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases through our affiliate link. For more information read our Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Almond Butter Chocolate Cups
We are going strong with the Halloween season!!! Today it is not a decorated Halloween treat, but a healthier homemade chocolatey treat.
High in monounsaturated fat, loaded in protein, it has three times as vitamin E and twice as much as much iron as peanut butter. It is delicious slathered on freshly toasted bread and topped with berry jam. It is also tasty swirled into pancake batters, spread on quick breads, added to brownies, overnight oats or oatmeals.
I decided to take it a step further in making a much simpler and easier recipe - Just stir all things together, pour and chill!!!! Not a stuffed cup. These are just a variation to this Sun butter cups or try this similar twist --> Buckeye candy.
My favorite part of this recipe, it can be made either as standard or mini cups for a bite size snack.
Why You'll Love These Cups?
- Easy, No Fuss Recipe - You just stir all ingredients in a bowl and pour into muffin pan. It is made in less than 5 minutes and is a great recipe for kids to make.
- Diet friendly - These are peanut free, gluten free and use vegan chips to make it plant based and dairy free.
- Decadent - It is fudgy, chocolatey and decadent with a hint of salt.
- Portion control - Mini bite sized treats are perfect when you want to watch your weight.
What is an Almond Butter Cup?
Similar to the hugely popular peanut butter cups but made with almond instead. These are easier and healthy bite size treat. Sprinkle with sea salt ---> So much YUMMMM
Online recipes are generally layered with chocolate on top and bottom with almond butter filling in the middle. As much as I love the look of contrasting colors, I wanted to make a recipe that is easy enough for young children to make. So, this recipe might not look like others but tastes amazing!
Can you taste the coconut oil ?
No! The flavors work wonderfully together and all you can taste is ultimate decadence.
Can I use other nut butters?
Absolutely! Peanut, sunflower seed or cashew butter works well.
- Almond butter - Creamy kind.
- Chocolate chips - We used semi sweet chocolate chips, but these dark chocolate chips work just as well. Use vegan chocolate chips to make it vegan.
- Coconut oil - Compliments the nutty flavor.
- Flavorings - Vanilla extract and a sprinkling of coarse sea salt elevates these cups.
- Store them in the refrigerator.
- Use creamy kind but crunchy can be used for a texture variation.
- Use vegan chocolate chips for to make them vegan and dairy free.
- Tools needed - A standard or mini muffin pan and paper liners.
- Switch up the butter - Use other nut butters like peanut, sunflower or cashew butter instead.
- Make it crunchy - Use crunchy variety instead of the creamy kind and sprinkle chopped, toasted sliced almonds on top.
HOW TO MAKE?
This is the easiest recipe ever.
- Microwave - Add nut butter, chocolate chips, coconut oil into a microwavable bowl. Melt in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds and mix in salt and vanilla extract.
- Set - Pour into paper lined muffin pan and refrigerate until set.
HOW TO STORE?
In the Refrigerator - Store them in the refrigerator (in an air tight container) for several weeks.
In the Freezer- Sealed well, these will be good for about two months.
- Chocolate Almond Butter Truffles
- Healthy Almond Butter Cookies
- No Bake Almond Bars
- Date and Almond Candy
Almond Butter Chocolate Cups
- Place chocolate chips, almond butter and coconut oil in a medium microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 ½ minutes, until fully melted (stir every 30 seconds to combine).
- Stir in vanilla extract and salt.
- Divide melted mixture evenly into the 12 paper cups, smooth top and place pan in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours to set.
- Store homemade almond butter cups in the refrigerator.Alternatively, the recipe makes 6 standard muffin cups
Did you make this recipe? I’d love your feedback! Please let me know by leaving a comment or review below or snap a photo and share on Instagram.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.