These SunButter Cups are very easy to make in your microwave with just 4 ingredients! Made using coconut oil, it is decadent, no bake, dairy free and makes a great peanut free treat!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases through our affiliate link. For more information read our Non-Disclosure Agreement.
There is something magical about the combination of chocolate and nut butters like almond butter or sun butter that is absolutely delicious like these Homemade Almond Butter Cups or Almond Butter Truffles. They are perfect for a guilt free treat when you are craving something sweet or even for a dessert.
These are made with super quick and easy to make, no bake, make ahead, deliciously creamy, made with no butter, mostly healthy and use only 4 ingredients.
Why you’ll love these?
- Allergy friendly - Peanut free, Tree Nut free, Dairy free (if using vegan chocolate chips) and Gluten Free.
- Easy microwave recipe – It is no bake and uses microwave only for melting chocolate. Perfect for a kid baking project.
- Ultimate decadence – These taste better than store bought cups but made much healthier with no cream or butter.
- Only 4 main ingredients – Simple, pantry ingredients.
- Mostly healthy – Made with sun flower seed butter and coconut oil, these are a much healthier option than store bought treats.
- Make ahead – Perfect to be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for weeks.
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need. You can find the recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Sun Butter butter – We used Sunbutter Natural Sunflower Butter.
- Chocolate Chips – Semi sweet chips.
- Coconut oil – Compliments the flavor of seed butter
- Vanilla extract – Vanilla adds luxurious flavor.
- Salt – It offsets the sweetness.
Pro Tips for Success
- Semi sweet chocolate chips – The better the quality, the better the recipe. Use high quality chocolate like Ghiradelli or Guittard (we used Ghiradelli).
- Store cups in the refrigerator.
- Make it vegan - Use vegan chocolate chips for vegan cups.
How to Make?
- Melt – Melt chocolate, Sun flower butter and coconut oil in microwave for about a minute. Mix in vanilla extract and salt.
- Pour and Chill – Pour into paper lined muffin pan and Chill in the refrigerator to firm up.
How long do these last?
Refrigerator – Store them in the refrigerator (in an air tight container) for several weeks.
Freezer- Sealed well, these will be good for about two months.
More healthy treats with Nut Butters to try:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6.5 ounces by weight)
- ½ cup Sunbutter, natural
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
1. Place 6 paper liners in a standard muffin pan and set aside.
2. Add chocolate chips, Sunbutter and coconut oil into a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds, until fully melted (stir every 30 seconds to combine).
4. Remove bowl from microwave and mix in vanilla extract and salt.
4. Divide melted chocolate mixture evenly into the 6 paper cups, smooth top and place pan in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to set.
6. Store cups in the refrigerator.
Semi sweet chocolate chips – The better the quality, the better the recipe. Use high quality chocolate like Ghiradelli or Guittard (we used Ghiradelli).
Store cups in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g
I am not a certified dietician or nutritionist. The information is a product of online calculator such as Nutrifox.com, although Kitchen at Hoskins attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates and not be construed as a guarantee. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the nutritional information in any recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their fact algorithms. Under no circumstances will Kitchen at Hoskins be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the nutritional information. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator. You are solely responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health and ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love your feedback! Please let me know by leaving a comment or review below or snap a photo and share on Instagram.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com