Instant pot pasta with meat sauce made with ground chicken instead! Easier and healthier instant pot pasta recipe that is sure to become a family favorite for weeknight dinner or meal prepped for the week. Instant pot pasta with chicken meat sauce for the win!
Another Instant Pot Chicken Pasta Recipe.
Guys. I know how much you love your Instant Pot. Better yet, instant pot pasta recipes! Like this MEGA POPULAR Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta.
This Instant pot pasta with chicken meat sauce is a mashup of that chicken parmesan pasta in instant pot and the classic spaghetti with meat sauce. Why are you gonna love this chicken pasta in instant pot as well?
- Super easy
- Budget friendly
- Pasta and meat sauce are cooked together to make a one pot meal
- Lean ground chicken <— Healthier alternative
- Made in Instant pot <— easy clean up
- Uses jarred pasta sauce
- All pantry ingredients + ground chicken
- Weeknight dinner
Love your instant pot as much as I do? Click here for more Instant Pot recipes.
Team players in this instant pot pasta with chicken meat sauce:
- Pasta – I tend to often use penne pasta since my children have somehow loved this shape since their young age. Maybe it’s easy to eat with a fork. Instant pot chicken penne pasta is so wonderful because penne works well in all Instant pots, even the 3-quart one (I tend to struggle with longer pastas like fettuccine/ spaghetti at times. Another instant pot pasta with jar sauce—> Instant Pot No-Cream Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce
- Chicken – I opted for leaner ground chicken instead of ground beef. You could totally use ground turkey instead.
- Marinara sauce – Use your favorite brand. I have always loved Prego, tomato basil and garlic (this is not a sponsored post) and use only that sauce for all my recipes and the flavor is A-H-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Have you heard of pasta pizza? Any leftover pasta with tomato sauce can be made into a delicious Leftover Pasta Pizza
- Chicken stock – I have used 33% less sodium chicken stock. If you use regular or no sodium, then adjust the salt accordingly.
- Cheese – We are going with the classic, PARMESAN.
- Flavorings – Onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Fresh Basil – Use dried basil if you don’t have fresh on hand
How to make instant Pot pasta?
Step-1: Set Instant pot to saute. When hot, saute ground chicken in some olive oil. When no longer pink, stir in chopped onion, garlic and red pepper flakes. Continue to cook, until all moisture has evaporated and meat begins to brown.
Step-2: Press cancel and mix pasta, marinara sauce, chicken stock, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Cook for 7 minutes on manual and then let it be in warm for 4 minutes.
Step-3: Stir in grated parmesan and chopped basil.
Done and DONE.
Just 3 steps to family favorite instant pot pasta with tomato sauce!
Instant Pot Shrimp Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce <— Another similar recipe made with shrimp instead.
More Chicken dinner ideas:
Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken Soup – Cozy, comforting instant pot creamy tuscan chicken soup that is sure to warm your soul on a chilly night! The best kind of comfort food in a bowl.
Chicken Burrito Bowl – Chicken burrito bowl meal prep are perfect for planning weekday lunches (or dinner) ahead. Loaded with flavor this chicken burrito bowl recipe is healthy and amazingly delicious!
Instant Pot Chicken Pesto Rice – A super simple, easy, one pot meal! This Instant Pot chicken pesto rice is flavor-packed with chunks of tender chicken, green beans, garlic and basil pesto. Perfect for busy weeknights.
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice – Chinese take-out right in your Instant pot. Packed with chunks of tender chicken, scrambled eggs, carrots and peas, this Instant pot chicken fried rice is easier and healthier. No more take-outs!!!
Few notes on making Instant pot pasta with chicken meat sauce:
- Pasta cooks just right in the given time and. However, if you like your pasta more al dente, then release pressure as soon as the 7 minute cook time is done.
- Red pepper flakes does not make the instant pot chicken and pasta recipe spicy. It just elevates the flavor in my opinion. But, you could totally skip it.
- Ground turkey may be used instead of ground chicken.
- If you don’t have fresh basil on hand then add some dried basil along with the Italian seasoning before cooking the pasta.
Instant Pot Pasta with Chicken Meat Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 cups marinara sauce ( I used prego, tomato basil & garlic)
- 1 cup chicken stock (I used 33% less sodium)
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoon salt, refer notes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan (plus more for serving)
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Set Instant pot to saute setting. When hot, add olive oil and then ground chicken. Saute occasionally, breaking up lumps.
When no longer pink, add chopped group-1 ingredients and continue to saute occasionally until all the moisture has evaporated and chicken begins to brown.
- Press cancel. Add all group-2 ingredients and stir well. Close and lock lid (making sure that valve is set to sealing). Select manual setting (or pressure cooker) for 7 minutes. (If you like pasta more al dente, then release pressure right after cooking time)
- After 7 minutes, let Instant pot be n the warm mode for 4 minutes.Turn valve to venting to release pressure. Open lid, stir in 3 tablespoons parmesan and chopped basil.
- Serve Instant Pot Pasta with Chicken Meat Sauce with additional parmesan.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.