Juicy Healthy Chicken Burger Patties that is oven baked! Made with ground chicken and veggies for added nutrition and moistness, this easy ground chicken burger is a go-to family favorite.
Not a brand new recipe!
This ground chicken burger patty recipe is one of our family favorite for lunch or dinner rotation. It is delicious made into ground chicken burgers, and also served as is with any sauce (Sriracha mayo / Sriracha ketchup / Plain Ketchup / Fry sauce) for a healthy kid friendly meal. If you are into air fryer then check out this ground chicken burgers in air fryer.
The secret in making a baked lean ground chicken patty moist and juicy is from the addition of cauliflower and cheese.
Easy Healthy Ground Chicken Burger Patties are :
- Kid friendly
- Freezer friendly
- Veggies mixed in
- Meal prep
- Great for lunch or dinner
Method with Step-by-Step photos:
Step-1: Add ground chicken, egg, grated cauliflower, carrot, cheese, panko, onion, garlic and seasonings into a bowl.
Step-2: Mix thoroughly until well combined.
Step-3: Shape into patties and place in a greased baking pan.
Step-4: Bake at 400°F, until cooked through.
Here are a few suggestions to enjoy these healthy chicken burger patties:
- Eat as is with a sauce for dinner ( Sriracha mayo / chipotle mayo / fry sauce / garlicky mayo / creamy marinara / creamy bbq sauce / plain old ketchup )
- Swap the buns for lettuce with all the fixins. You have yourself a low-carb healthier meal (like this chickpea lettuce wraps)
- Slice the patty and stir into a salad ( Caesar salad / ranch / any salad with a creamy dressing will be great)
- Pack for school lunch with a sauce on the side ( smaller sized patties will be more kid-friendly )
- Make a Chicken parm – Top the baked patty with jarred marinara sauce, mozzarella and parm, bake until cheese is melted and sprinkle fresh basil on top. DIG IN.
- Make a chicken parm and stuff between a roll <— chicken parm sandwich
- Slice and stir into any of your favorite pasta or rice.
According to the USDA, ground chicken dishes should always be cooked to 165 °F (internal temperature as measured with a food thermometer) and leftovers should also be reheated to 165 °F.
Chicken burgers need to be cooked at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes. This gives a golden color to the patty yet stays moist and juicy.
The burgers need to be firm when touched in the centre. If you are new, then make a small cut in the centre of one patty and the meat should not be pinkish. If pinkish, then cook for a bit longer.
One burger patty comes to 322 calories each.
More Recipes with ground chicken:
Healthy Chicken Burger Patties
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup grated cauliflower grated in the coarse side of the box grater
- 1 cup grated carrot grated in the coarse side of the box grater
- ½ cup grated cheese Mozzarella / Monterey jack / Cheddar, optional
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup minced onion
- 2 large garlic finely minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well with hands. Divide into 5 equal portions and shape into a disc about the diameter of your bun (about 3 ½ inch).
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and spray a coating of non-stick cooking spray on top. Bake for 21-25 minutes, until cooked through. Place pan on a wire rack to cool slightly.
Nutritional information, based on third-party calculations, should be seen as estimates, not guarantees, as various factors like product types, brands, processing methods, and more can alter the nutritional content in recipes.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.