This instant pot chicken shawarma is perfect for weeknight dinner. It is a super quick Lebanese chicken shawarma in instant pot recipe that does not need any marination time, yet the chicken is packed with flavor, tender and tastes amazing. Make into wraps, stuff in pita bread, sandwiches, salad or meal prepped.
You guys need to try this chicken shawarma in instant pot.
We are taking a break from all the 5 ingredients os less recipes with a long ingredient list recipe.
Don't ya worry about the long list of ingredients. This chicken recipe uses regular, common spices that you probably already have in your pantry.
Aaand, the cooking part is so much more easier.
This recipe is so delicious, that we often find ourselves just snacking on the chicken. YUM
Full disclosure : This recipe includes an additional step of broiling the cooked chicken.
This step is not optional. It just takes a tender juicy instant pot chicken to a different level. It helps in crisping the edges and a slight char, adding another level of flavor.
So many spices : coriander, cumin, cayenne, paprika, black pepper, garlic and lemon <--- FLAVOR BOMB
What makes this instant pot Lebanese chicken shawarma the BEST EVER?
- No marination required
- Easy clean up
- Super tender chicken
- Crispy edges
- Made in instant pot
- Perfect for weeknights
- Great meal prep
- Tastes A-H-M-A-Z-I-N-G
How to make instant pot chicken shawarma?
Step-1: Stir all ingredients together
Step-2: Cook in instant pot
Step-3: Shred chicken and let cook until all liquid has evaporated
Step-4: Transfer chicken to a baking sheet and broil.
Done and DONE.
Tender chicken. Crispy edges. Super flavorful.
Best chicken shawarma in instant pot!!!!
How do you eat this chicken shawarma in instant pot? Make them into
- Pita pockets
- Just plain <--- our family favorite
Few notes on making this best chicken recipe in instant pot:
Chicken thighs are always my go to! It makes a moist, tender cooked chicken. However, you could use boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead.
Stir and scrape - When you are reducing the liquid, stir often (scraping the bottom), to get all the delicious goodness and also to ensure that it does not burn at the bottom of the instant pot.
Broiling is NOT OPTIONAL - It is a crucial step in making an insanely delicious instant pot chicken shawarma.
Instant Pot Chicken Shawarma
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablepsoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Add all ingredients (except chicken) into an Instant pot and stir well to combine. Toss in chicken thighs.
- Close and lock lid (making sure that the valve is set to sealing). Set to 6 minutes in manual mode. When cooking time is done, let it be in warm mode for 5 minutes. (In the mean time, grease a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside)
- Turn valve to vent, to release pressure after 5 minutes. Open lid, using two forks, break chicken into big chunks. Press saute function, let sauce come to a boil and continue to cook until all the liquid has evaporated (Stir occasionally in the beginning, but every 1 minute towards the end making sure to scrape the bottom of the instant pot). (In the mean time, position an oven rack about 6 inches from heat element and turn on broil)
- Press cancel and then transfer cooked chicken (spreading to arrange in a single layer) on the greased baking sheet. Give a coating of non stick cooking spray on top ( this step is optional, but it helps the chicken to develop more color)
- Broil for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is deep brown and slightly crisp (THIS STEP IS NOT OPTIONAL) Make into wraps, sandwiches, salads or meal prep
Nutritional information is based on third party calculations, should be considered estimates and not be construed as a guarantee. Varying factors such as product types, brands purchased, produce, the way ingredients are processed and more change the nutritional information in any recipe.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
Kelly @ Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats
All the spices in this sound amazing!! I love easy meals like this for busy weeknights! Yum!!
I can't find the ingredient measurements. Am I missing a link or something?
Hmm.... Not sure why. Seems to work fine in various devices. I would try reloading the page