This Chocolate Chip Cookie for One has crisp golden brown edges with a soft middle. It is decadent yet healthy and eggless, so there's dividing one egg - A simple stir, shape, and bake recipe!
What is cookie for one? It is for single serve, personal or individual! This small batch recipe makes only one serving so there is no sharing required.
If you are craving for decadent cookie for yourself but don't want to break your diet and not in the mood to bake a whole batch, then these are perfect for you! Made with our favorite almond flour and coconut oil they are vegan, healthy, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free and low carb like this oat flour cookies.
With crisp golden brown edges and soft inside, this recipe is made without eggs, don't require a mixer and it's loaded with generous amount of chocolate. Do you love to snack on cookie dough? Check out this almond flour cookie dough recipe.
The best part is, it only makes two cookies, so you don't have a huge batch sitting around to tempt you. All you have to do is stir the ingredients in a small bowl, bake and you have yourself a homemade cookie for one.
Don't want to share? Make one giant personal cookie instead! More recipes without eggs - Pecan Snowballs, Almond Butter Cookies or Cardamom Cookies.
Why you'll love this?
- For one - It makes an individual serving, so you don't have an entire batch tempting you.
- Healthy - Made using wholesome ingredients and without any butter.
- Diet Friendly - Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free, Grain free and low carb.
- No Eggs - There is no need to divide one egg to make a single serve recipe.
- Easy to make - There is no creaming or whisking. Simply stir ingredients in a small bowl and bake.
- Almond flour - Use super fine variety and not meal.
- Brown sugar - We use golden brown sugar, which gives a wonderful caramel flavor.
- Coconut oil - Melted coconut oil that is cooled to lukewarm.
- Chocolate chips - Splurge on a good quality semi sweet chips if possible. We love to use Ghiradelli or Guittard.
- Flavorings - Vanilla extract and salt.
- Leavening - Baking soda
Substitutions / Variations
- Not a fan of coconut oil? Use melted unsalted butter instead.
- Use coconut sugar instead of brown sugar to keep them refined sugar free.
- Use chopped M&Ms, white chocolate chips, sprinkles, chopped walnuts or chopped salted pretzels along with chips.
PRO TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Make sure you measure your ingredients carefully - This is important for all baking recipes.
- Use super fine almond flour and not meal.
- Bake until the edges are deep golden in color.
- Use liquid coconut oil – Melt coconut oil in microwave until liquid and leave aside until it has cooled to lukewarm, before making dough.
- Dark brown sugar – It gives that perfect color and taste.
How to make?
- Add almond flour, dark brown sugar and baking soda into a small bowl and stir well with a spoon to combine.
2 & 3. Add melted coconut oil and vanilla extract. Mix to form a smooth dough and then stir in 2 and ½ tablespoons chocolate chips.
4. Form 2 equal balls of dough, place on a parchment lined baking sheet and press down into a cookie shape, flattening to slightly less than ½-inch thickness. Press the remaining ½ tablespoon chocolate chips on top of the dough.
Bake for 19 to 22 minutes or until the edges are deep golden in color. Remove from oven and place pan on a wire rack, sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top and let cool completely.
How to store?
This is a single serve recipe, making two or one giant cookie, so you will not end up with leftovers. However, if you have any leftover then store in a sealed container for up to 2 days.
To Freeze: Place cooled guys in a zip lock bag and freeze for up to a month. You can enjoy them frozen straight out of the freezer or allow to thaw on the counter for a few hours.
Yes! Although we love the use of brown sugar for perfect texture, these work great with coconut sugar. It will be more crispy and less chewy.
We recommend using melted and cooled unsalted butter instead of coconut oil. Vegetable oil will make them way too soft and they won’t have the proper texture.
No, other types of flour like coconut or all purpose have different properties and will not work as a replacement.
Semi sweet is the perfect variety for making these cookies. Use a good brand like Ghiradelli or Guittard to make the best recipe.
More almond flour cookies
Hungry for more? Follow me on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook or Pinterest for more delicious recipes
Chocolate Chip Cookie for One
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon almond flour super fine
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- Pre heat oven to 350°F and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all dry ingredients into a small bowl and stir well with a spoon to combine.
- Stir in all wet ingredients and mix to form a smooth dough. Stir in 2 and ½ tablespoons chocolate chips.
- Form 2 equal balls of dough and press down into a cookie shape, flattening to slightly less than ½-inch thickness on the prepared parchment paper. Press remaining ½ tablespoon chocolate chips on top of the dough.
- Bake for 19 to 22 minutes or until the edges are deep golden in color.
- Remove from oven and place pan on a wire rack, sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top and let cool completely.
Nutritional information is based on third party calculations, should be considered estimates and not be construed as a guarantee. Varying factors such as product types, brands purchased, produce, the way ingredients are processed and more change the nutritional information in any recipe.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love your feedback! Please let me know by leaving a comment or review below or snap a photo and share on Instagram.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
Leave a Reply