These baked banana nut pancake cups are classic banana nut pancakes baked to perfection in a muffin pan. Soft, fluffy, simple and easy.
My new favorite way to make pancakes.
These baked banana nut pancake cups are the best thing ever!!!
Especially if eaten warm, split open, slather with some butter (totally optional but highly recommended) and then drizzled with maple syrup. Pancake heaven!!!!
Bonus, no standing behind the stove flipping pancakes.
Especially during the holidays. I’d rather snuggle up on the couch with my “bored” children playing on their phone:)
Simple. Easy. So GOOD.
This recipe is a slight variation to my Pumpkin Streusel Pancakes and also pancakes make great meal prep Baked fluffy pancake cups + meal prep or try these Cream Cheese Stuffed Pumpkin Spice Pancake Cups
Another fabulous baked pancake muffins: Soft and Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes in a Muffin Pan
Baked Banana Nut Pancake Cups
- 1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour, scooped and leveled
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (light/golden/dark)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 egg, large
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (about 1 large), very ripe
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with oven rack placed in the middle of the oven. Grease a 12-cup standard muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Add butter and mix with your fingertips, until evenly distributed and it looks like wet sand. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together egg, mashed banana and buttermilk until smooth. Add into the flour mixture along with half of the chopped pecans and stir with a spatula until just mixed (do not over mix).
- Evenly divide batter into the muffin pan (all 12 cups) and sprinkle remaining pecans on top.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 17-18 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes clean. Do not over bake.
- Place pan on a wire rack.
- Serve pancake cups hot/warm with maple syrup and/or butter.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.