Chicken burrito bowl meal prep are perfect for planning weekday lunches (or dinner) ahead. Loaded with flavor this chicken burrito bowl recipe is healthy and amazingly delicious!
Winner winner chicken dinner (or lunch)!!!
If you love chicken burritos or tacos or just anything Mexican, then this is your ultimate comfort food.
And, it’s all prepped and ready to go for the rest of the week.
This has been a family favorite for a very long time, why wouldn’t be?
Amazingly delicious as is!!! No sauce required.
It begins with a tasty chicken taco meat with homemade taco seasoning. I use leftover chicken taco meat to make chicken quesadillas for the kids next day. YUM.
If you don’t have an instant pot or don’t have time to make cilantro lime rice recipe then here is quick version with leftover white rice that will work great – In a non-stick skillet, saute finely chopped garlic in some vegetable oil, until golden (don’t let get dark in color). Stir in cooked white rice, lime juice, chopped cilantro and salt. Mix until combined and take off heat and let cool.
You could use guacamole instead of sliced avocados.
You could use pico de gallo instead of salsa.
An easy chicken meal prep recipe and is soon going to be your favorite too.
Chicken Burrito Bowl Meal Prep
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or corn or olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 recipe homemade chicken taco seasoning
- 3 to 4 cups Cilantro lime rice refer notes
- 1 and 1/2 avocados, sliced
- 3/4 cup salsa, refer notes
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar or Mexican cheese blend, optional
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans, optional
- 1/2 cup cooked corn, optional
- 2 tablepsoons chopped cilantro, optional
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add chicken and taco seasoning. Saute (breaking lumps) for 4-5 minutes until chicken is cooked and browned. Transfer and let cool.
- Divide the rice, chicken, salsa, cheese, beans and corn (if using) into meal prep containers. Add sliced avocado just before eating.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.