Kickin buffalo shrimp tacos with avocado jalapeno crema is easy enough for a quick weeknight dinner or your next tacos party!!
I’m kind of a sucker Mexican food. I could eat it every night.
Can ya blame me?
Super flavorful, spicy, healthy (mostly) and you get to eat with your hands. YUMMMMM.
Every Tuesday isn’t necessarily a Tacos Tuesday around here, but Mexican sure makes it’s way at least 2 nights a week.
These Buffalo shrimp tacos are fairly easy to make –
- Season shrimp
- Dredge in cornstarch ( I have the easiest method – dump everything into a large zip lock bag, seal (an absolute must, unless you want your entire kitchen to be dusted with cornstarch).
- Fry until golden brown, working in batches.
- Toss with hot sauce
Make Avocado Jalapeno Crema <— an absolute must!!!!
Just blend avocado, jalapeno, sour cream, lime juice salt and some water together.
Assemble your kickin buffalo shrimp tacos with Avocado Jalapeno Crema
- Char corn tortillas
- Add buffalo shrimp
- Top with lettuce, cabbage, onion, jalapeno
- Drizzle Avocado Jalapeno Crema
- I’m drooling
Buffalo Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Jalapeno Crema
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and patted dry
- `1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank's brand)
- chopped lettuce
- shredded cabbage
- thinly sliced red onion
- sliced jalapeños (optional)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 recipe Avocado Jalapeno Crema
Make Buffalo Shrimp
- Toss shrimp with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add shrimp and cornstarch into a gallon size zip lock bag, seal and give it a good shake to coat every shrimp with the cornstarch.
- Pour vegetable oil into a large skillet ( I used a 9-inch cast iron skillet), until it is about 1-inch in height and heat over medium-high heat.
- Using tongs, remove one shrimp at a time (shaking off excess cornstarch) and fry about 8-10 shrimp at a time (don't overcrowd the pan). Fry until golden brown and crispy, about 1-2 minutes each side. Tansfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Just before serving, toss shrimp and hot sauce in a large bowl.
- Slightly char each tortilla on both sides over gas flame or a screaming hot skillet.
- Fill each tortilla with cabbage, lettuce, buffalo shrimp, a drizzle of avocado jalapeno crema, sliced red onion and jalapeno.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.