This Air fryer Shrimp Tacos is made with flavorful Mexican Shrimp, pico de gallo, avocado and finished off with a garlicky sour cream sauce.
This is an easy weeknight dinner made with this air fryer shrimp recipe! This a seafood twist to our air fryer chicken tacos. Who doesn't love a good taco? Some of our favorites include Ground Chicken Tacos, Chickpea Tacos or Tilapia Tacos.
It’s a family favorite meal that’s quick, easy, and packed with flavor! Creamy, meaty, tangy, spicy, salty, zesty and tasty just like this spicy shrimp taco. More shrimp recipes to try are Chili Lime Shrimp, Firecracker Shrimp, Indian Butter Shrimp or Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry.
Why You'll Love This Recipe?
- Quick and Easy - It is made using this easy air fryer shrimp.
- Meal prep - Cooked prawns, pico de gallo and sour cream sauce can all be made ahead, refrigerated for a few days and assembled just before serving.
- Customize - Make it your own with your favorite taco fixins.
How to warm tortillas?
Warmed tortillas are not only tastier but also makes them flexible to fold with the filling. They can be warmed in a hot cast iron skillet, microwaved or charred over open gas flame.
- Shrimp - We use this simple shrimp recipe that is made in about 10 minutes.
- Pico de Gallo - Use store bought or homemade pico de gallo.
- Tortilla - Use corn or a mix of corn and flour tortillas.
- Avocado - Sliced ripe avocado.
- Sour cream - Use full fat or reduced fat.
- Mayonnaise - Adds a wonderful creaminess and taste.
- Lime, Jalapenos, Cilantro - The usual Mexican suspects.
How To Make?
- Prep - Cook prawns and make pico de gallo.
- Make sauce - Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, finely grated garlic, salt and water together.
- Warm tortillas - Warm tortillas in microwave, air fryer or char on stove top.
- Assemble - Load tortillas with cooked prawns, pico de gallo, sliced avocado and sour cream sauce.
- Use greek yogurt instead of sour cream for a healthier twist.
- Grate garlic using a microplane.
- White or yellow corn tortillas are best for this recipe. Flour tortillas may be used if that's what you have on hand.
If you try this recipe or any other recipe from Kitchen At Hoskins, please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. And if you took any pictures, be sure to share them on Instagram so I can share them on my stories.
How to Serve?
Here are some of our favorite dinner recipes to pair with this delicious goodness like cilantro lime rice or Spicy Mexican rice with black beans and corn, air fried chili lime corn on the cob, Refried beans, corn bread and ice cold margarita.
More Air Fryer Meals to Try:
- 1 recipe Air Fryer Shrimp
- pico de gallo, as needed
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- Sliced jalapenos
- Cilantro, to garnish
- 5 Corn tortillas
Sour cream sauce
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Cook Shrimp in air fryer according to instructions.
- Warm tortillas over stove top, cast iron skillet or microwave. Keep wrapped in a kitchen towel.
- Assemble tacos - Scoop about 5 to 6 cooked shrimp (tails removed) into each tortilla, top with pico de gallo, avocado, jalapeno slices, a drizzle of sauce and garnish with cilantro.
To make sauce - Stir all sour cream sauce ingredients together in a bowl and refrigearte until serving time.
Use greek yogurt instead of sour cream for a healthier twist.
Grate garlic using a microplane.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 259mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 5gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
I am not a certified dietician or nutritionist. The information is a product of online calculator such as Nutrifox.com, although Kitchen at Hoskins attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates and not be construed as a guarantee. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the nutritional information in any recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their fact algorithms. Under no circumstances will Kitchen at Hoskins be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the nutritional information. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator. You are solely responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health and ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com.