This Air fryer Shrimp Tacos is made with flavorful Mexican Shrimp, pico de gallo, avocado and finished off with a garlicky sour cream sauce.
This is an easy weeknight dinner made with this air fryer shrimp recipe! This a seafood twist to our air fryer chicken tacos. Shrimp recipes are perfect for easy meals because they are always stocked in the freezer, thaws and cooks fast.
It’s a family favorite meal that’s quick, easy, and packed with flavor! Creamy, meaty, tangy, spicy, salty, zesty and tasty just like this spicy shrimp taco or buffalo shrimp tacos.
Why You'll Love This Recipe?
- Quick and Easy - It is made using this easy air fryer shrimp.
- Meal prep - Cooked prawns, pico de gallo and sour cream sauce can all be made ahead, refrigerated for a few days and assembled just before serving.
- Customize - Make it your own with your favorite taco fixins.
How to warm tortillas?
Warmed tortillas are not only tastier but also makes them flexible to fold with the filling. They can be warmed in a hot cast iron skillet, microwaved or charred over open gas flame.
- Shrimp - We use this simple shrimp recipe that is made in about 10 minutes.
- Pico de Gallo - Use store bought or homemade.
- Tortilla - Use corn or a mix of corn and flour tortillas.
- Avocado - Sliced ripe avocado.
- Sour cream - Use full fat or reduced fat.
- Mayonnaise - Adds a wonderful creaminess and taste.
- Lime, Jalapenos, Cilantro - The usual Mexican suspects.
How To Make?
- Prep - Cook prawns and make pico de gallo.
- Make sauce - Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, finely grated garlic, salt and water together.
- Warm tortillas - Warm tortillas in microwave, air fryer or char on stove top.
- Assemble - Load tortillas with cooked prawns, pico de gallo, sliced avocado and sour cream sauce.
- Use greek yogurt instead of sour cream for a healthier twist.
- Grate garlic using a microplane.
- White or yellow corn tortillas are best for this recipe. Flour tortillas may be used if that's what you have on hand.
You can customize this recipe using your favorite taco fixins. Some of our favorite toppings include cilantro sauce, avocado crema, salsa, shredded lettuce, cabbage or cabbage slaw.
How to Serve?
Here are some of our favorite dinner recipes to pair with this delicious goodness like cilantro lime rice or Spicy Mexican rice with black beans and corn Refried beans, corn bread and ice cold margarita.
More Air Fryer Meals to Try:
Follow me on INSTAGRAM, TIK TOK, FACEBOOK or PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- 1 recipe Air Fryer Shrimp
- pico de gallo as needed
- 1 medium avocado sliced
- Sliced jalapenos
- Cilantro to garnish
- 5 Corn tortillas
Sour cream sauce
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 garlic grated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Cook Shrimp in air fryer according to instructions.
- Warm tortillas over stove top, cast iron skillet or microwave. Keep wrapped in a kitchen towel.
- Assemble tacos - Scoop about 5 to 6 cooked shrimp (tails removed) into each tortilla, top with pico de gallo, avocado, jalapeno slices, a drizzle of sauce and garnish with cilantro.
- To make sauce - Stir all sour cream sauce ingredients together in a bowl and refrigearte until serving time.
Nutritional information is based on third party calculations, should be considered estimates and not be construed as a guarantee. Varying factors such as product types, brands purchased, produce, the way ingredients are processed and more change the nutritional information in any recipe.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com.
Leave a Reply