Air Fryer Chicken Burger is so moist, juicy, perfectly seasoned, healthier, delicious and cooks in under 10 minutes. Made from scratch, it is also freezer friendly and crave worthy.
Air Fryer Chicken Burger
Ground Chicken Burgers made totally in an air fryer including toasted buns!! Who needs a stove top anymore? Ok, not everyday. It is healthier than regular red meat burgers with lean ground chicken, freezer friendly and easy clean up. Serve with air fryer carrots for a healthy meal.
Air fryer is a game changer in my kitchen. It is incredibly versatile in making breakfast, lunch, dinner, vegetables, appetizers and even desserts. Our latest experiment is chicken burgers and you might be pleasantly surprised with the result!
Why this recipe works?
A good chicken burger begins with a chicken patty, that needs to be juicy and flavorful. The SECRET here is that these patties are made with shredded cheese along with chicken, which keeps them moist and air fryer cooks it fast without over cooking ---> No more dry burger!
If you remember our popular baked chicken burger that is made with a baked chicken patty using grated cauliflower and carrot mixed into the patty for added nutrition and juiciness, then this burger is a slight modification from that. Love meatballs? Check out meatball recipe in air fryer.
Pro Tips for Success
Do not over cook patties. It takes approximately 8 to 10 minutes for the patties to be fully cooked (depending on the thickness). Over cooking might tend to dry them out.
Use your hands to mix the the patties. It’s a little messier but the ingredients will combine much easier this way. You can wear tight fitting plastic cloves to keep your hands clean.
Adjust sriracha sauce based on your spice level.
Cheese - Shredded mozzarella, cheddar, Monterey jack, pepper jack or Mexican blend are all great options.
Don’t over handle the meat. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.
Use ground turkey instead.
Try not to use ground chicken breast – It is too lean and does not have much flavor.
How long do chicken patties cook in an air fryer?
Frozen patties are cooked for about 7 minutes at 390 degrees whereas homemade ones are cooked at 365 degrees for 10 minutes.
How to cook Frozen burger patties in the air fryer:
Yes! To cook store bought or homemade chicken patties, place them in a single layer in a pre heated 390 degree Air fryer, for 6 to 8 minutes (flipping them once mid way).
What’s good on a burger?
They are delicious with a variety of toppings, like –
Onion, Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, Cheese, Guacamole, Pickles, Salsa, Marinara sauce, BBQ Sauce and Caramelized onions.
Serving suggestions for chicken patties
The ground chicken patty is delicious made into various meals. Here are a few suggestions:
- Great main course for dinner (served with a sauce like marinara /BBQ), rice or pasta and roasted vegetables (like broccoli and cheese, air fried broccoli, air fried kale chips or green beans).
- Cut the patty into slices and stir into your favorite salad instead of meat.
- Great for school lunch with a sauce on the side.
- Make Chicken Parm – Top the baked patty with jarred marinara sauce, mozzarella and parm, air fry until cheese is melted and sprinkle fresh basil on top.
- Serve it traditional ham burger style with mustard, ketchup, mayo, pickles, American cheese and tomatoes.
- Use BBQ sauce instead and also sliced avocado.
- Make it Hawaiian style with BBQ sauce, cheese and grilled pineapple.
- Serve with crispy bacon and cheddar for a chicken bacon burger.
- Make a Low Carb Chicken Burger ----> Swap the burger buns for lettuce wraps.
Air Fryer Chicken Patties - Ground chicken mixed with chopped onion, garlic, panko breadcrumbs, egg, shredded cheese and seasonings are mixed, shaped into patties and then air fried.
Burger Buns - Brioche buns are spread with mayo (or use butter) and toasted.... again in air fryer.
Spicy Sriracha Sauce - Sriracha sauce, grated fresh garlic and mayonnaise.
Vegetables - Lettuce and Tomato
How to make?
Make Chicken Patties (check out the step by step photos above) - Mix ground chicken, finely chopped onion, garlic, panko breadcrumbs, egg, shredded mozzarella cheese, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes together, divide mixture into four equal portions, shape each into patties and air fry at 365 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Toast buns - Spread a thin coating of mayo on the cut side of the buns and toast at 340 degrees for 3 to 4 minutes.
Make sauce - Stir mayonnaise, sriracha sauce and finely grated garlic.
Assemble burgers - Spread sauce on the bottom of a bun, top with a patty, sliced tomato and lettuce and close with the top bun.
How to make ahead?
Chicken patties can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 4 days (bring to room temperature before assembling or warm in the microwave) or frozen for up to month.
Sauce can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 4 days.
Buns can be toasted up to a few hours ahead.
Assemble burgers just before serving.
More Recipes with Ground Chicken to try-
- Baked Ziti with Ground Chicken
- Ground Chicken Stir Fry
- Ground Chicken Tacos
- Ground Chicken Burrito Bowl
Follow me on INSTAGRAM, TIK TOK, FACEBOOK or PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
Air Fryer Chicken Burgers
Chicken Burger Patties
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg large
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or any other melting cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt or as needed
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 and ½ tablespoons Sriracha sauce more or less depending on your taste
- 2 garlic cloves finely grated
- 4 burger buns Brioche or hamburger
- Lettuce leaves as needed
- Tomato slices as needed
- Additional mayo to toast buns
- Place all burger patty ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well with hands. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into patties ( 4 to 5 inches in diameter).
- Pre heat air fryer to 365°F for 10 minutes. When hot, place the prepared chicken patties in the basket (spacing evenly) and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through (it depends on the thickness of your patties, DON'T NEED TO FLIP).
- Open air fryer basket and let patties cool for at least couple of minutes before removing onto a plate.
- Toast buns - Spread a thin coating of mayo on the cut side of all buns. Pre heat air fryer to 340 degrees and place buns ( about 4 halves at a time), mayo side up. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden in color. Remove on to a plate and repeat process for remaining buns.
- Make Sriracha Mayo - Stir mayonnaise, sriracha and grated garlic together and refrigerate until serving time.
- Assemble - Spread sriracha mayo on both toasted sides of a burger bun. Fill with a chicken patty, tomato slice and lettuce. Enjoy!
VariationsServe it traditional ham burger style with mustard, ketchup, mayo, pickles, American cheese and tomatoes. Use BBQ sauce instead and also sliced avocado. Make it Hawaiian style with BBQ sauce, cheese and grilled pineapple. Serve with crispy bacon and cheddar for a chicken bacon burger.
Nutritional information is based on third party calculations, should be considered estimates and not be construed as a guarantee. Varying factors such as product types, brands purchased, produce, the way ingredients are processed and more change the nutritional information in any recipe.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love your feedback! Please let me know by leaving a comment or review below or snap a photo and share on Instagram.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com.
Leave a Reply