Loaded with ground chicken, cauliflower, carrot and mozzarella, these healthyish baked chicken meatballs are tender, soft, flavorful and perfect as is or made into appetizers, sandwiches, spaghetti and much more.
SNEAKY, sneaky baked chicken meatballs.
Cauliflower and carrot mixed right in. If you have ever made cauliflower crust pizza, then you probably know a thing or two about the high moisture content in cauliflower. All that moisture makes these baked chicken meatball recipe very tender, yet no one will ever know or taste.
Perfect for picky eaters.
It's back-to-school season and this is one easy baked chicken meatball recipe for weeknight dinners or quick lunchbox from the freezer.
Why is this one of the best baked chicken meatballs recipe?
- veggies are sneaked in
- easy cleanup
- perfect for picky eaters
- No dealing with hot oil or stovetop
Let's get down to the basics.
How to make baked chicken meatballs?
Step-1: Grate cauliflower and carrot in the coarse side of your box grater.
Step-2: Finely mince onions and measure ½ cup. Chop 2 garlic cloves finely.
Step-3: Add all ingredients - ground chicken, grated cauliflower, carrot, chopped onion, garlic, egg, breadcrumbs, shredded mozzarella, salt and pepper into a large bowl (refer picture above). Mix thoroughly, until evenly combined (refer picture below).
You might also like this Baked Barbecue Chicken Meatballs with Avocado.
Step-4: Shape and roll about smallish balls (about 30) and place on a greased cookie sheet. I lined the cookie sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up (refer picture above).
Step-5: Spray 'em again and bake at 350 degree pre-heated oven for 25-27 minutes, until cooked through (refer picture below).
Cool slightly before eating.
How to serve baked chicken meatballs?
- Try these instead of your traditional meatballs with spaghetti
- Serve as an appetizer with marinara
- Make them into sliders
- Make a meatball parm bake
- Toss 'em with barbecue sauce and broil
- Make 'em into meatball subs
- Coat with buffalo sauce
- Serve with mashed potato and side salad
- Coat with pesto and parm
- Great with just ketchup too!
- Make them into these Baked Spaghetti and Meatball Cups
- Serve with this healthier Instant pot No-Cream Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce
One recipe ....... ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES.
Another variation? Shape the chicken meatball mixture into patties instead and you've got yourself a healthy chicken burger -----> Baked Chicken Burger with sneaky veggies or the Air Fryer Chicken Meatballs.
How to freeze healthyish baked chicken meatballs ?
- Place cooked, cooled chicken meatballs on a baking sheet and place in the freezer for about couple of hours, until partially frozen.
- Transfer them into a into a zip lock bag, squish as much air out as possible, seal and freeze.
- Freeze meatballs for up to 2 months.
How to reheat frozen baked chicken meatballs?
- Microwave method - Remove as many as you need, place in a microwave safe plate, wrap them with a damp paper towel (to prevent drying out), Cook for about 1-2 minutes, turn them oven, wrap again and cook for another minute until heated through.
- Oven method - Place frozen meatballs in a oven safe dish, wrap tightly with foil, and bake at 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes, until heated through.
More healthy chicken recipes :
Chicken Burrito Bowl Meal Prep - Chicken burrito bowl meal prep are perfect for planning weekday lunches (or dinner) ahead. Loaded with flavor this chicken burrito bowl recipe is healthy and amazingly delicious!
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice - Chinese take-out right in your Instant pot. Packed with chunks of tender chicken, scrambled eggs, carrots and peas, this Instant pot chicken fried rice is easier and healthier. No more take-outs!!!
Chicken Koftas in Palak Gravy - Everyone’s favorite palak paneer but with chicken koftas instead of paneer. Tender chicken meatballs cooked in a spicy cashew spinach gravy, served with soft buttery naans to mop up all that sauce. This chicken koftas in palak gravy is well worth the effort!
Healthyish Baked Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup grated cauliflower (grated in the coarse side of the box grater)
- 1 cup grated carrot (grated in the coarse side of the box grater)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup minced onion
- 2 large garlic, finely minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper powder or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well with clean hands.
- Roll into 31 small balls and place on the baking sheet. Spray a thin coating of non-stick spray.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes, until cooked through.
Nutritional information, based on third-party calculations, should be seen as estimates, not guarantees, as various factors like product types, brands, processing methods, and more can alter the nutritional content in recipes.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.