Spicy baked chicken, black beans, corn, avocado, salsa, rice, jalapeños with a drizzle of a creamy chipotle sauce. Meal prep over the weekend and enjoy for lunch or dinner all week. Spicy chipotle chicken burrito bowl for the win!
34,300,000 <– No of google search results for chicken burrito bowl.
Everyone loves a burrito bowl.
Spicy, healthy, balanced, comforting and so many flavors.
And most importantly, anything eaten out of a bowl screams comfort, right!
Team players in this healthy chicken burrito bowl-
- Mexican spiced chicken
- black beans
- Instant pot cilantro lime rice or white rice or brown rice or shredded lettuce (for carb free version)
- chipotle sauce
So much deliciousness!!!
It all begins with this easy Mexican Spiced Chicken. I make 2 or 3 batches, use for dinner and store leftovers in the fridge or freezer.
Great in these Spicy Chicken Ranch Quesadillas, tacos, salads and of course these burrito bowls.
Why is a burrito bowl so popular ??
It is totally customizable to your liking! One or two main components and add whatever your heart desires.
How to make this spicy chipotle chicken burrito bowl?
- Heat your cast iron skillet. Toss chicken with spices and cook. Chop into chunks.
- Cook rice or use leftover rice or shredded lettuce if you are watching your carbs.
- Open, drain and rinse a can black beans and corn (frozen corn works well too)
- Make salsa or pico de gallo or pick up your favorite brand from the store.
- Slice some avocados <— ain’t a burrito bowl without it.
- Sliced jalapenos. Spicier the better (at least for me).
- Fresh cilantro. Looks pretty
- Chipotle sauce <— sour cream works well if you are pressed for time.
How to prep spicy chipotle burrito bowl for meal prep?
- Divide cooked rice, chicken, black beans, corn, jalapeno into meal prep containers and store in refrigerator.
- Make chipotle sauce and divide into small jello shot containers in refrigerator.
- Have ripe avocados, jarred salsa ready.
- When you are ready to eat, heat rice-chicken (make sure the containers are microwave safe).
- Top with avocado, salsa and cilantro.
- Drizzle chipotle sauce.
- Dig in
Spicy Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl
- 1 recipe Mexican spiced chicken, chopped
- 2 cups Cilantro lime rice or white/brown rice or shredded lettuce
- 1 x 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 15-oz can whole kernel corn, drained (or use defrosted frozen corn)
- 1/2 cup salsa (homemade or store bought)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 2 ripe avoacdoes, sliced
- chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Make chipotle sauce
Add all ingredients into a mini food processor or small blender and blend until smooth. Store in the refrigerator until use.
Assemble Spicy Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl
Divide chicken, rice, black beans, corn, salsa, jalapeño pepper, avocados and cilantro into serving bowls. Drizzle sauce and enjoy.
To meal prep spicy chipotle chicken burrito bowl
Divide chicken, rice, black beans, corn, jalapeño pepper and cilantro into meal prep containers.
Pack chipotle sauce into small jello shot containers.
Top with salsa and sliced avocados just before eating.
Skip rice for carb-free version.
Chopped lettuce may be used instead of rice.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.