Crispy roasted cashews coated with salt and coarsely ground black pepper!!! Perfect as a snack anytime, homemade gift during holiday season and school snack box. These salt and pepper cashews are highly addictive.
Say hello to your new favorite snack.
These salt and pepper cashews are crispy, crunchy and generously covered with freshly ground coarse black pepper and salt. Honestly, really really addicting!!
Almost as addictive as this 5 – Minute Candied Walnuts <—- one skillet recipe
Why are you gonna be making this salt and pepper cashews again and again?
- Snack anytime
- Homemade holiday gift
- Game day munchy
- Party favor
- School/work snack box
No Cook, 4-Ingredient, Raw Almond Bites <—- Another easy, guilt free treat!
Let us look at the ingredients to make this spiced cashews:
- Cashews – Raw whole cashews. Use whole cashews since it is best if all the cashews are the same size. If you use different sized cashew pieces, smaller ones will be over baked by the time the bigger guys are done.
- Pepper powder – Use freshly ground pepper. Grind whole black peppercorns in a motor and pestle or dry spice grinder. Do not grind until very fine. Very coarse will not adhere to the cashews well.
- Salt – I used plain salt. Sea salt will be great!
- Oil – I opted for neutral vegetable oil. Peanut oil will be a fabulous option as well.
Love cashews? You might love this Instant Pot Cashew Chicken
How to make salt and pepper cashews?
Step-1 : Toss whole raw cashews with vegetable oil, until thoroughly coated.
Step-2: Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, until golden (refer picture above). Cool completely.
Step-3: In the mean time, grind whole peppercorns in a motor and pestle or dry spice grinder, until coarsely ground.
Step-4: Toss roasted cashews with salt and freshly ground black pepper powder, until thoroughly coated.
Easy and delicious!
Store spicy cashews in an airtight container at room temperature.
Spicy Ginger Garlic Pita Chips <—- Crispy, crunchy, spicy and packed with flavor!
These snack nuts are:
How to make Salt and Pepper Cashews in a skillet?
Step-1: In a medium (9-inch) skillet, roast the cashew nuts in vegetable oil over low to medium heat, stirring continuously, until golden brown (seven to eight minutes).
Step-2: Transfer the cashews to a bowl and let them cool until they are warm.
Step-3: Stir in ground black pepper and salt, until coated thoroughly.
Let cool completely.
Turkey, Apple and Cheddar pinwheels ( or Wraps) <—- Another no-cook Holiday Party bite
Tips and tricks to make yummy spiced nuts:
Whole cashews – We want same size cashews so that they can be toasted evenly. Broken pieces will end up being toasted unevely.
Color. Color. Color – Watch out during last 5 minutes so that the cashews do not get dark colored. Golden for the win!
Ground black pepper – Use freshly ground black pepper. Grind about 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns in a mortor and pestle or dry spice grinder and then measure for the recipe.
Very coarsely ground – Will not adhere much to the cashews
Fine powder – Won’t taste fabulous
A touch coarser than fine powder – PERFECT! Sticks better. Looks appetizing. Great texture.
More snack ideas:
No Bake Chocolate Avocado Oatmeal Balls – No one will ever guess that these no bake chocolate avocado oatmeal balls are made with avocado! Sweet, chewy, chocolatey and can be made vegan and gluten-free as well.
DIY Healthy Snack Box – DIY healthy snack box is so easy to put together and is budget friendly! Packed with fresh fruit, veggie sticks, hummus, cheese, almonds this healthy snack box is great for work, school or just about anytime.
Raw Date and Nut Salami – No-cook, vegan raw date and nut salami is a really delicious snack made with dates, coconut oil, shredded coconut, cashews, pistachios and almonds. Incredibly healthy and guilt-free!
Nutella Stuffed Dates – A bit of healthy and a bit of indulgence, yes please! These Nutella stuffed dates are sweet, chewy, chocolatey with a bit of crunch.
Healthiest Date and Nut Candy – Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, no-cook, no-bake and most importantly totally guilt-free 4-ingredient healthiest date and almond candy are sweet and chewy with a bit of crunch. Hands down the healthiest candy that you will eat this holiday season!
Salt and Pepper Cashews
- 1 and 1/2 cups raw whole cashews
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 to 4 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper powder, refer notes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cashews and vegetable oil on a baking sheet or any oven safe skillet, give a good toss, until oil is thoroughly coated (It might feel like there is more than enough oil, but we need that at the end to help salt and pepper to adhere well). Bake for 18-25 minutes, until golden. Place pan on a wire rack to cool until warm.
- Add coarsely ground black pepper powder and salt, stir well until coated very well.
Let cool completely.
- Store spicy cashews in a covered container at room temperature for several days.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.