Juicy Healthy Chicken Burger Patties that is oven baked! Made with ground chicken and veggies for added nutrition and moistness, this easy ground chicken burger is a go-to family favorite.
Not a brand new recipe!
This ground chicken burger patty recipe is one of our family favorite for lunch or dinner rotation. It is delicious made into ground chicken burgers, and also served as is with any sauce (Sriracha mayo / Sriracha ketchup / Plain Ketchup / Fry sauce) for a healthy kid friendly meal.
The secret in making a baked lean ground chicken patty moist and juicy is from the addition of cauliflower and cheese.
Easy Healthy Ground Chicken Burger Patties are :
- Kid friendly
- Freezer friendly
- Veggies mixed in
- Meal prep
- Great for lunch or dinner
Method with Step-by-Step photos:
Step-1: Add ground chicken, egg, grated cauliflower, carrot, cheese, panko, onion, garlic and seasonings into a bowl.
Step-2: Mix thoroughly until well combined.
Step-3: Shape into patties and place in a greased baking pan.
Step-4: Bake at 400°F, until cooked through.
Here are a few suggestions to enjoy these healthy chicken burger patties:
- Eat as is with a sauce for dinner ( Sriracha mayo / chipotle mayo / fry sauce / garlicky mayo / creamy marinara / creamy bbq sauce / plain old ketchup )
- Swap the buns for lettuce with all the fixins. You have yourself a low-carb healthier meal.
- Slice the patty and stir into a salad ( Caesar salad / ranch / any salad with a creamy dressing will be great)
- Pack for school lunch with a sauce on the side ( smaller sized patties will be more kid-friendly )
- Make a Chicken parm – Top the baked patty with jarred marinara sauce, mozzarella and parm, bake until cheese is melted and sprinkle fresh basil on top. DIG IN.
- Make a chicken parm and stuff between a roll <— chicken parm sandwich
- Slice and stir into any of your favorite pasta
According to the USDA, ground chicken dishes should always be cooked to 165 °F (internal temperature as measured with a food thermometer) and leftovers should also be reheated to 165 °F.
Chicken burgers need to be cooked at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes. This gives a golden color to the patty yet stays moist and juicy.
The burgers need to be firm when touched in the centre. If you are new, then make a small cut in the centre of one patty and the meat should not be pinkish. If pinkish, then cook for a bit longer.
One burger patty comes to 322 calories each.
More Recipes with ground chicken:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup grated cauliflower (grated in the coarse side of the box grater)
- 1 cup grated carrot (grated in the coarse side of the box grater)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (Mozzarella / Monterey jack / Cheddar), optional
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 large garlic, finely minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
2. Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well with hands.
3. Divide into 5 equal portions and shape into a disc about the diameter of your bun (about 3 1/2 inch).
4. Place on the prepared baking sheet and spray a coating of non-stick cooking spray on top.
5. Bake for 21-25 minutes, until cooked through.
6. Place pan on a wire rack to cool slightly.
1. Make into burgers
3. Slice the patty and stir into a salad ( Caesar salad / ranch / any salad with a creamy dressing will be great)
4. Make a Chicken parm – Top the baked patty with jarred marinara sauce, mozzarella and parm, bake until cheese is melted and sprinkle fresh basil on top. DIG IN.
5. Slice and stir into any of your favorite pasta
Freeze leftovers - Store ’em in zip lock bags and thaw at room temperature. Heat in a skillet / microwave.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 612mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 28g
I am not a certified dietician or nutritionist. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health. This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is a product of online calculator such as Nutrifox.com.. Although Kitchen at Hoskins attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their fact sources and algorithms. Under no circumstances will Kitchen at Hoskins be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on the nutritional information. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.