Adorable, cute, fun Halloween clementine witch and edible broomstick will make a unique treat for all your neighborhood trick-or-treaters! Part healthy and part sugary treat is a win-win for both parents and kids. Fun to make and fun to eat Halloween food snack.
Aren’t these Halloween clementine witch and edible broomsticks the cutest?
We totally loved these Halloween oranges and my son ate more clementines than he’s ever consumed in a year!!!
Eating a fruit just got a LOT MORE FUN.
Hey, it’s Halloween! There needs to be candy somewhere!!
Why should you be making these easy Halloween snack?
- Fun to make
- Fun to eat
- Totally kid friendly
- Part healthy
No Bake Vegan Brownie Mice <—– Another creative Halloween snack
Halloween Skull Linzer Cookies<— Cute Halloween cookies
The team players in this Halloween Clementine Witch and edible broomstick:
- Clementine – The shape is more pumpkinny ( yes, we totally made up a new word!!) when compared to an orange. But, if you cannot find clementines, then you can always go with an orange
- Oreo cookies – Regular Oreos only!! No double stuffed, mini, triple double, Oreo thins or golden.
- Hershey’s Dark chocolate Kisses – Dark chocolate goes with the dark colored Oreo cookie
- Chocolate chips – We are using melted chocolate as the glue
- Candy eyeballs – Available in most major supermarkets, craft supply stores and of course Amazon
- Pretzel sticks – Usually available along with regular pretzels
- Fruit Rollups – I used only red color for a more uniform look. But, you can always different colors (or your child’s favorite color) to make fun brooms.
Check out these cute Owl sandwiches
How to make this easy Halloween food idea?
Halloween clementine witch
Step-1: Wash clementines and towel dry very well or let air dry for a few hours. Any kinda moisture will not inhibit the chocolate from adhering well.
Step-2: Remove stem ends (refer picture above-right). This gives them stability instead of wobbling around.
Step-3: Melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Using a toothpick, place a dab of melted chocolate on the back of two eyeballs and stick to the clementine. Set aside while you make hats.
Step-4: Spoon some melted chocolate into a small ziplock bag, snip off an end and squeeze about 1 teaspoon on an Oreo. Place a Kiss candy on it, pressing gently for the chocolate to come around the edges (refer picture below-left) . Ain’t pretty? Squeeze some chocolate on top of the clementine (refer picture below-right) and stick the hat on it.
Step-5: Place Halloween orange in refrigerator to set.
How to make edible broomsticks?
Step-1: Cut off 5-inch pieces from Fruit rollups (Step-1, picture below-left)
Step-2: Brush both sides with confectioners sugar (this helps not to stick as much). (Step-2, picture below-left)
Step-3: Fold in half (Step 1, picture below-right)
Step-4: Using scissors, trim all the way to about half the height. (Step 2, picture below-right).
Step-5: Dip the tip of a pretzel stick in melted chocolate and roll the fruit leather around it. (Step-3, picture below-right).
Step-6: Using the tooth pick place a dab of melted chocolate at the end of fruit leather to help it stick well.
Step-7: Place brooms in the refrigerator to set (Step-4, picture below-right).
Done and DONE.
Ain’t difficult, right?
How to eat these Halloween clementine witch and edible broomstick?
Step 1 – Eat the broom.
Step 2 – Pop out the hat —> Eat
Step 3 – Pop out one eye ball —> Eat
Step 4 – Pop out second eye ball —> Eat
Step 4 – Open the clementine —> Finish healthy!
I told ya, this Halloween clementine witch and edible broomstick is a healthy Halloween snack idea:)
More Halloween food ideas for adults and kids:
No Bake Vegan Brownie Mice – No bake vegan brownie mice might be the best healthy-ish, creepy-ish treat that you will make this Halloween season!
Sesame Snake Breadsticks – Slightly creepy, fun, crispy, crunchy breadsticks, with a hint of spice!!!
Owl Grilled Cheese Sandwiches – Spooktacular grilled cheese!!! Everyone’s favorite grilled cheese turned into a perfect Halloween sandwich.
Creepy Pizza Hands – Bloody, burnt hands!! These hand shaped pizzas are perfect for Halloween.
Halloween Witch Clementines
- Rinse clementines and towel dry very well to remove all moisture and remove any attached stem ends.
- Place 2/3 rd of melted chocolate into a small ziplock bag, seal and snip off a corner. Place remaining chocolate in a small bowl and have a tooth pick handy.
- Using the toothpick, place a small dab of melted chocolate on the back of candy eye balls and stick two eyes on each clementine to make a face (refer pictures if needed).
- Squeeze some melted chocolate in the middle of an Oreo and gently place a Hershey's Kiss on top, pressing slightly so that the excess chocolate comes around the edges. Repeat to make 6 hats and set aside.
Stick hats to the clementine face:
- Using the ziplock bag, squeeze some melted chocolate on top of each clementine and press a witch hat on top and press slightly to stick. Repeat process to make all witch clementines.
Make Witch Brooms
- Cut 6 x 5-inch pieces from fruit roll ups. Dust a plate with confectioners sugar and have a pastry brush handy.
- Working with one piece at a time, brush both sides of fruit roll up with confectioners sugar (this helps the fruit roll up less sticky). Fold each piece in half and then cut thin strand across to about half the height (refer pictures if needed). Dip the end of a pretzel stick in some melted chocolate and roll the fruit roll around it to form a broom. If the end of the fruit rollup doesn't stick well, then place a dab of melted chocolate to stick.
- Place all clementine witches and witch brooms in the refrigerator for chocolate to harden and set.
How to eat Halloween Witch Clementines
- Step 1 – Eat the broom.Step 2 – Pop out the hat —> eat Step 3 – Pop out the one eye ball —> eatStep 4 – Pop out second eye ball —> eat Step 4 – Open the clementine —> Finish healthy!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.