Spooky Halloween Pizza that is sure to will impress your kids! Made using naan flat bread, these are made with skull cheese and olive spiders, for a tasty meal ready in under 15 minutes. Oven and air fryer instructions are included!
Who doesn't love pizza? Although I love using my homemade pizza dough to make pizzas from scratch like the creepy hand pizza, store-bought naan flat breads come in handy when you are looking for quick and easy meal, like the air fryer pizza.
Why you'll love this?
- Quick & Easy - Naan breads instead of pizza dough, make a fast and easy Halloween pizza that is ready to serve in minutes. Perfect for your pizza party!
- Impressive - Skulls made using mozzarella cheese and olive spiders are fun to make.
- Customizable - This is a basic Halloween pizza recipe, feel free to add your favorite pizza toppings.
Scroll down to the recipe card below for full information on ingredients and amounts.
- Naan flat breads - I used store bought naan flat breads to make an Halloween pizza.
- Tomato sauce - Use your favorite pizza or marinara sauce (we used Prego, tomato basil & garlic). Fiery arrabbiata sauce will also be delicious for this Halloween pizza recipe.
- Mozzarella cheese - Sliced mozzarella cheese works perfect for a skull face.
- Olives - Large or jumbo black olives are easier to cut and decorate.
I opted for a minimalist approach to highlight the cheese skulls and olive spiders, but feel free to personalize with your preferred pizza toppings like green bell peppers, red onion, parmesan cheese, jalapenos, pepperoni, mushrooms or cooked sausage for the Halloween pizza to make it your own!
How to make?
You can find full printable recipe below, but here is a quick overview of the procedure along with step-by-step photos.
1 to 4. Make cheese skulls - Cut skull shapes from mozzarella cheese slices using a skull cookie cutter. Punch out two holes for eyes using the big round end of the piping tip, like in Halloween poptarts and mouth using the pointed end (refer video).
5. Place naan bread on a cookie sheet and brush a thin coating of olive oil all over the naan. Bake for about 2 minutes at 400 degrees and then remove.
6 & 7. Spread tomato sauce all over the naan, top with cheese skulls, cutting to fit if needed. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, making sure that the cheese doesn't melt too much.
Tip: Keep a watchful eye to make sure that the cheese melts just slightly, preserving the integrity of the skull face in the Halloween pizza.
8. Top the baked Halloween pizza with olive spiders - Cut a large olive vertically in half and place a half on the pizza. Cut the tip of the remaining half to make the head. Cut legs from remaining olive and place around the body.
How to make in air fryer?
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Brush naan bread with olive oil, season with salt, and place in the air fryer basket; cook until golden in color.
- Open basket spread naan with sauce and cheese skulls and continue baking at 370°F for another 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
- Remove Halloween pizza, and top with olive spiders and fresh basil.
- Use extra large or jumbo black olives. They are easier to cut and also makes a visibly striking presentation.
- Use your favorite pizza toppings - This is a basic Halloween pizza recipe. Feel free to customize with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Naan size - Use mini naans to make mini Halloween pizzas
- Pizza dough - Use regular pizza dough instead of naan.
More Halloween recipes
Halloween Pizza Recipe
- Make Skull cheese - Using a skull cookie cutter, cut skull shapes from the mozzarella slices. Make two holes for eyes using the big round end of the piping tip and mouth using the pointed end (refer video).Tip: I used Wilton No. 2D large drop flower piping tip
- Pre heat oven to 400°F.
- Place naan bread on a cookie sheet, brush olive oil all over the naan and season with salt. Bake for about 2 minutes and then remove.
- Spread sauce all over the naan, top with cheese skulls (cut skulls to fit on the naan). Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, making sure that cheese doesn't melt too much.Tip: Keep a watchful eye to make sure that the cheese melts just slightly, preserving the integrity of the skull face.
- Remove pizza from oven, top with olive spiders and minced basil leaves.
- Make Olive spiders - Cut a jumbo olive vertically in half and place a half on the pizza. Cut the tip of the remaining half to make the head. Cut 8 legs from remaining olive and place around the body. Repeat process to make as many spiders as you need.
How to make naan pizza in air fryer?
- Pre heat air fryer to 350°F for 4 minutes.
- Brush naan bread with olive oil, season with salt and place in the air fryer basket, cook for 2 minutes to toast the naan.
- Open basket, spread naan with sauce, cheese skulls and continue baking at 370°F for another 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
- Remove pizza top with olive spiders and fresh basil.
Nutritional information, based on third-party calculations, should be seen as estimates, not guarantees, as various factors like product types, brands, processing methods, and more can alter the nutritional content in recipes.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love your feedback! Please let me know by leaving a comment or review below or snap a photo and share on Instagram.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com.