This Air Fryer Naan Pizza is ready in under 10 minutes. With a super crispy crust, these are the easiest pizzas you'll make.
Home ovens reach only 500 degrees and pizza dough requires planning, even the savviest cooks can struggle to make one for a quick dinner. Air fryer to the rescue!
I like my air fryer naan pizza simply dressed with tomato sauce and mozzarella, but additional toppings are always a great idea. It is ready in less time it takes to get your delivery, super easy to make and the whole family will enjoy as meatless dinner anytime.
Naans comes neatly packaged in the bread or International food aisle. The size and shape you'll need, will be determined by the dimensions of your air fryer basket. I was able to comfortably fit a regular naan in a 6-quart fryer.
Use regular, garlic or wheat naan for a fun twist. I like to buy a batch of mini naans from Costco and keep them stocked in the freezer, for last minute meals or unexpected guests. They are also perfect to soak up beet curry.
Why this recipe works?
A heating element in the top of the air fryer emits heat, while a fan rapidly circulates the heated, creating a very intense heat transfer from top. This mimics the shallow chamber of a commercial pizza oven, where the heat rises and then radiates off the top.
The secret for a crispy crust is to cook twice! Make sure to brush the naans lightly with olive oil and cook at a medium heat of 350 degrees, to begin the crisping process. The sauce and cheese along with toppings are added later, and then cooked at a higher heat to melt the cheese.
Scroll down to the recipe card below for full information on ingredients and amounts.
- Naan flat bread - Naans are leavened Indian flatbread, often used as a utensil for scooping up scrumptious dishes like butter chickpeas.
- Mozzarella Cheese - Mozzarella has a high moisture content, so it melts creamier when melted with less separation.
- Pizza Sauce - Use a good quality sauce.
- Freshly Chopped Basil - A must for a classic margarita air fryer naan pizza.
Here are fun variations to make this air fryer naan pizza your own!
- BBQ Chicken - Use bottled BBQ sauce, shredded or diced cooked chicken, red onions, cilantro, smoked gouda and mozzarella.
- Meat Lovers - Top with cooked ground sausage, pepperoni, ham and bacon.
- Hawaiian - Ham or Canadian bacon, regular bacon, pineapple chunks and mozzarella.
- Margarita - Basic tomato sauce, mozzarella or burata and fresh basil.
- Pesto - Basil pesto, roma or sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella and parmesan.
- Breakfast - Scrambled eggs, chopped bacon, sausage and colby jack.
- Buffalo Chicken - Rotisserie chicken, green onions, buffalo sauce, cream cheese and ranch dressing.
- Dessert - Swap olive oil with melted butter and top with cinnamon sugar. Cook until crisp and then top with Nutella, sliced bananas, toasted nuts and fresh berries.
How to make?
You can find full printable recipe below, but here is a quick overview of the procedure along with step-by-step photos.
1. Brush bread lightly with olive oil and season with salt. Cook at 350 degrees for 2 to 4 minutes or until it gets golden in color.
2 & 3. Spread sauce on top followed by cheese and toppings. Cook at 370 degrees for 3 to 4 minutes to melt the cheese.
Tip: Mozzarella melts beautifully when heated! Shred your own cheese, use pre-sliced mozzarella or creamy fresh mozzarella, which is usually shrink wrapped. Avoid pre-shredded mozzarella which contains anti-caking ingredients, that affects the meltability factor.
How to serve?
This is great for snack for game day, quick lunch or dinner for the whole family or any unexpected company.
The best part about a pizza are the toppings. Get creative or here are delicious topping ideas to add before or after cooking.
- Fresh or dried herbs - Herbs like freshly chopped basil, oregano, Italian seasoning or red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
- Meats - Sliced pepperoni, cooked sausage, meatballs, ground beef, rotisserie or grilled chicken.
- Vegetables - Sliced mushrooms, olives, onion, green bell pepper, pineapple, tomato or sun dried tomatoes.
- Sauce - Use any type of red sauce like pizza, marinara or tomato basil sauce. We love using basil pesto, alfredo or bbq sauce for variety.
How to reheat?
Cook any cold leftovers straight from the fridge, at 370 degrees, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mozzarella - Use freshly shredded or sliced cheese if possible.
- Sauce - Use your favorite sauce like pizza, marinara, tomato, tomato basil or even basil pesto sauce.
- Make it healthier - Swap the regular naan bread with whole wheat.
- Don't add light weight toppings - The hot air might blow any light weight toppings around. So, if using pepperoni, then make sure to secure them with a toothpick.
- Vegetables - Make sure to use very, very thinly sliced vegetables since it cooks quickly that it does not enough time to cook the vegetables.
- Don't have naan? Try using tortillas, pita or bagels instead.
More Kid Friendly Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Naan Pizza
- 1 ready made naan bread regular size
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- ¼ to ⅓ cup pizza sauce
- 4 to 6 ounces mozzarella cheese sliced or shredded
Additional toppings (optional)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Red pepper flakes
- Fresh or dried oregano
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Brush naan bread with olive oil and sprinkle some salt on top.
- Pre heat air fryer to 350°F for 4 minutes. When hot, place naan bread (oiled side up) into the basket and cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until golden in color. (Make sure to remove before it gets darker in color)
- Open air fryer, spread sauce evenly on top, leaving about ½-inch border around the edges. Top with cheese and your favorite pizza toppings, if using.Tip: Mozzarella melts beautifully when heated. Shred your own cheese, pre-sliced mozzarella or creamy fresh mozzarella, which is usually shrink wrapped. Avoid pre-shredded mozzarella which contains anti-caking ingredients, that affects the meltability factor.
- Air Fry at 370°F for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from air fryer and serve hot garnished with fresh basil, red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese.
Nutritional information, based on third-party calculations, should be seen as estimates, not guarantees, as various factors like product types, brands, processing methods, and more can alter the nutritional content in recipes.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love your feedback! Please let me know by leaving a comment or review below or snap a photo and share on Instagram.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.