This Air Fryer Naan Pizza is a quick and easy way to make a homemade pizza in minutes. With a crispy crust, these personal pizzas are customizable so it is the perfect way to ensure everyone gets to choose their toppings.
Air Fryer Naan Pizza
Your family is going to love this recipe! It is ready in less time it takes to get your delivery, super easy to make and is something the whole family will enjoy as meatless dinner. The crust gets golden brown and crisp with perfectly melted cheese and toppings. Also, check out this Cheesy Eggplant Parmesan in Air fryer.
This is a big hit with kids, since everyone loves having their own pizza with their favorite toppings. All you need are a few simple ingredients and an Air Fryer to whip up these personal flat bread pizzas in under 10 minutes.
It takes way less time than ordering, it is amazingly delicious and is a great beginner recipe for kids to make. It's perfect for quick dinner made in air fryer, snack for kids, or play dates.
Packaged naan bread is easy to find these days, making it easy and convenient to make.
Why this Recipe Works
- Quick and Easy - Easiest pizza to make and is ready in under 10 minutes. There is no need to make yeast dough.
- Personal size - Fun individual size pies is truly tailored for all ages.
- Customizable - Every adult or child gets to make their own individual personal pies with any type of sauce or fun toppings.
- Air Fryer - The hot air crisps up the flat bread amazingly crispy with ooey gooey melted cheese.
HOW TO MAKE A CRISPY CRUST?
The secret is to cook twice! Make sure to brush the flat bread lightly with olive oil and cook at a medium heat of 350 degrees, to begin the crisping process. The sauce and cheese along with toppings are added and then cooked at a higher heat to melt the cheese.
WHAT TYPE OF NAAN BREAD TO USE?
The Indian flat bread comes neatly packaged in the bread or International food aisle. The size and shape will be determined by the dimensions of your basket. We were able to comfortably fit a regular one in a 6-quart fryer.
Use regular, garlic or wheat naan for a fun twist. We like to buy a batch mini ones from Costco and keep them stocked in the freezer for last minute meals or unexpected guests. Remember, it will take about a minute or two longer to cook when using directly from frozen.
- Naan flat bread - Use regular, wheat or mini sizes.
- Mozzarella Cheese - Freshly sliced or grated works best.
- Pizza Sauce - Use a good quality sauce. Marinara or pasta sauce will work in a pinch.
- Freshly Chopped Basil - A must for a classic margarita.
PRO TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Mozzarella - Use freshly shredded or sliced cheese if possible.
- Sauce - Use your favorite sauce like pizza, marinara, tomato, tomato basil or even basil pesto sauce.
- Make it healthier - Swap the regular bread with whole wheat.
- Don't add light weight toppings - The hot air might blow any light weight toppings around. So, if using pepperoni, then make sure to secure them with a toothpick.
- Vegetables - Make sure to use very VERY thinly sliced vegetables since it cooks quickly that it does not enough time to cook the vegetables.
- Don't have naan? Try using tortillas, pita or bagels instead.
The best part about a pizza are the toppings. Get creative or here are delicious topping ideas to add before or after cooking.
- Fresh or dried herbs - Herbs like freshly chopped basil, oregano, Italian seasoning or red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
- Meats - Sliced pepperoni, cooked sausage, meatballs, ground beef, rotisserie or grilled chicken.
- Vegetables - Sliced mushrooms, olives, onion, green bell pepper, pineapple, tomato or sun dried tomatoes.
- Sauce - Use any type of red sauce like pizza, marinara or tomato basil sauce. We love using basil pesto, alfredo or bbq sauce for variety.
- BBQ Chicken - Use bottled BBQ sauce, shredded or diced cooked chicken, red onions, cilantro, smoked gouda and mozzarella.
- Meat Lovers - Top with cooked ground sausage, pepperoni, ham and bacon.
- Hawaiian - Ham or Canadian bacon, regular bacon, pineapple chunks and mozzarella.
- Margarita - Basic tomato sauce, mozzarella or burata and fresh basil.
- Pesto - Basil pesto, roma or sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella and parmesan.
- Breakfast - Scrambled eggs, chopped bacon, sausage and colby jack.
- Buffalo Chicken - Rotisserie chicken, green onions, buffalo sauce, cream cheese and ranch dressing.
- Dessert - Swap olive oil with melted butter and top with cinnamon sugar. Cook until crisp and then top with Nutella, sliced bananas, toasted nuts and fresh berries.
HOW TO MAKE?
It takes couple of easy steps to make this recipe (Here is a rough guide but scroll down below for detailed instructions and measurements).
- Crisp the crust - Brush bread lightly with olive oil and season with salt. Cook at 350 degrees for 2 to 4 minutes or until it gets golden in color.
- Load up with toppings - Spread sauce on top followed by cheese and toppings.
- Cook - Cook at 370 degrees for 3 to 4 minutes to melt the cheese.
HOW TO REHEAT?
Cook any cold leftovers straight from the fridge in pre heated 370 degrees for 2 to 3 minutes.
HOW TO SERVE?
This is great for snack for game day, quick lunch or dinner for the whole family or any unexpected company.
More Kid Friendly Air Fryer Recipes to try:
Follow me on INSTAGRAM, TIK TOK, FACEBOOK or PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
Air Fryer Naan Pizza
- 1 ready made naan bread regular size
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- ¼ to ⅓ cup pizza sauce
- 4 to 6 ounces mozzarella cheese sliced or shredded
Additional toppings (optional)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Red pepper flakes
- Fresh or dried oregano
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Brush naan bread with olive oil and sprinkle some salt on top.
- Pre heat air fryer to 350°F for 4 minutes. When hot, place naan bread (oiled side up) into the basket and cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until golden in color. (Make sure to remove before it gets darker in color)
- Open air fryer, spread sauce evenly on top, leaving about ½-inch border around the edges. Top with cheese and your favorite pizza toppings (if using).
- Air Fry at 370°F for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from air fryer and serve hot garnished with fresh basil, red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese.
Nutritional information is based on third party calculations, should be considered estimates and not be construed as a guarantee. Varying factors such as product types, brands purchased, produce, the way ingredients are processed and more change the nutritional information in any recipe.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love your feedback! Please let me know by leaving a comment or review below or snap a photo and share on Instagram.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.
Leave a Reply