Light, crisp cinnamon sugar coated wonton shells stuffed with an amazing pumpkin filling! Pumpkin Churro wontons makes a delicious dessert or snack for your next holiday party or get-together.
Pumpkin. Cinnamon. Fall.
Could there be anything better than a shattery crisp shell with a creamy pumpkin filling and then covered in a layer of cinnamon sugar?
These are the ultimate dessert, snack or just with a cup of coffee.
These might not be a lunch box candidate, but it’s the holidays. PARTY TIME.
We’ve loved these so much that it was once our weekend breakfast.
I love how versatile wonton wrappers are. Like these BBQ Chickpea Wonton Nachos <— Best game day munchy.
Shall we get to the process of making these pumpkin churro wontons?
1.Make pumpkin filling (stir pumpkin puree, egg, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt, until combined).
2.Stuff, seal and fry Wontons ( Refer picture below-
Step 1. Wet all four edges of a wonton wrapper with water
Step 2. Place a scant tablespoon pumpin filling in the centre
Step 3. Close, seal edges
3.Deep fry until golden brown.
4. Dredge in cinnamon sugar.
‘Tis the season for all things pumpkin. You might also like –
Pumpkin Churro Wontons
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (use 100% pure pumpkin)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light or golden brown sugar (not packed)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 20 Twin Dragon Wonton Wrappers
- vegetable oil for frying
Make Pumpkin filling
- Mix all pumpkin filling ingredients in a medium bowl, until smooth and set aside.
Make cinnamon sugar
- Stir sugar and ground cinnamon together in a large bowl and set aside.
Make Pumpkin churro wontons
- Have a small bowl with water handy. Place a wonton wrapper on the work surface and place a scant tablespoon of pumpkin filling in the middle. Using a pastry brush or just your finger, wet all four sides of the wonton wrapper with water (not dripping wet) and then close to form a triangle. Press edges well to seal. Repeat process to form remaining triangles.
Fry Pumpkin churro wontons
- Pour vegetable oil into a large pan, until it reaches about 1 and 1/2 inches in height. Place over medium high heat and let it get moderatly hot (about 325 degrees F).
- Deep fry about 4-6 triangles at a time,until golden brown on both sides, turning occasionally (about 3 minutes per batch). Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Proceed with the next batch and in the mean time, dredge both sides of the fried batch of wonton triangles in cinnamon sugar and place on a serving platter.
- Enjoy hot/ warm.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.