The best tasting cilantro lime rice that you’ll ever make in your Instant pot! Simple yet loaded with flavor, this Instant pot cilantro lime rice recipe is a delicious accompaniment to all your Mexican dishes.
Instant pot is the latest craze and is for a good reason. It cooks in a jiffy and my favorite is the saute function <– obsessed.
I’ve been late jumping on the bandwagon. But, sure glad I did. Look at these recipes that I keep adding Instant Pot Recipes
Don’t ya love some Mexican? I certainly do. All the spices, so comforting.
And, more comforting is piling on some spicy meat/seafood/veggies on cilantro lime rice. YUMMM.
But, it takes more than some plain cooked rice stirred with lime juice and cilantro.
This ain’t a bland cilantro lime rice. It has some serious flavor!!!
Perfect in your burrito bowls or wraps.
At times, I stir some drained and rinsed canned black beans into the rice and enjoy with some salsa and sliced avocado. Quick lunch.
Best cilantro lime rice recipe!!!
My favorite part about the Instant pot is you set it and forget about it. Cooking rice on the stovetop requires playing around with the heat to get it perfect, constant checking and removing it at the right time. Got to love technology.
I used 1 and 1/2 cups stock and the rice cooks perfectly well without being mushy. However, if you’d like your rice to have a bite then use 1 cup stock.
This is Instant pot cilantro lime rice recipe is so convenient for meal preps <—recipe to follow.
You will totally love this Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
And this hugely popular Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup basmati rice, washed, rinsed and drained
- 1 and 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt, refer notes
- zest of one lime
- juice of 1 and 1/2 limes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Set Instant pot to saute setting. Once hot, add vegetable oil and then onion and garlic. Saute for about 2 minutes, until garlic begins to turn golden.
- Add rice and continue to saute for about 30 seconds. Stir in stock, salt and lime zest. Close, lock lid and make sure the valve is set to sealing. Select rice setting and let Instant pot do its thing (it took 12 minutes to cook in mine).
- When instant pot beeps, let continue to sit for 10 minutes. Click cancel button and then turn valve to vent and let pressure release. Open lid and stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve hot or warm with your favorite Mexican meal.
Recipe adapted from Pioneer woman
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.