The BEST Cilantro Lime Rice in Instant Pot! Simple yet loaded with flavor, this cilantro lime rice recipe is a delicious accompaniment to all your Mexican dishes.
Instant pot is the latest craze and is for a good reason. It cooks in a jiffy and my favorite is the saute function <– obsessed.
I’ve been late jumping on the bandwagon. But, sure glad I did. If you love your instant pot as much as I do then you will love the huge selection Instant Pot Recipes
My favorite of all is making amazing rice recipes in instant pot. They are so easy, usually one pot meals and only one pan to clean up. Few instant pot rice recipes:
Switching gears to Mexican, my fam loves dinner times when it involves some Mexican. All the spices, so comforting and so flavorful.
So, we need a good base for delicious Mexican dishes.
How do I know that is one of the best cilantro lime rice recipe? Because, it is adapted from Pioneer Woman’s Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe. So, you know it’s gonna be GOOD.
Let us look at the ingredients needed for Mexican lime rice?
Basmati rice – White basmati rice. Wash, rinse and drain rice well before using.
Onion – Regular white/yellow/red onion
Garlic – Love garlic? You could totally add more
Lime – Both lime zest and lime juice are used
Chicken stock – Water may be used, but stock makes a flavorful instant pot cilantro lime rice
Cilantro – Ain’t cilantro lime rice without cilantro.
How to make Mexican lime rice?
Step-1 : Heat instant pot to saute. When hot, saute chopped onion and garlic in vegetable oil.
Step-2: Stir fry rice for few seconds and then followed by chicken stock, lime zest and salt. Cook until done.
Step-3: When done, stir in lime juice and chopped cilantro.
Done and DONE.
Spicy Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice with Black Beans and Corn <—- Spicier version
Keeping track of all the Mexican dishes around here?
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup basmati rice, washed, rinsed and drained well
- 1 cup chicken stock (I used 33% reduced sodium)
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt, refer notes
- zest of one lime
- juice of 1 and 1/2 limes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Set Instant pot to saute setting. Once hot, add vegetable oil and then onion and garlic. Saute for about 2 minutes, until garlic begins to turn golden.
- Add rice and continue to saute for about 30 seconds. Stir in stock, salt and lime zest. Close, lock lid and make sure the valve is set to sealing. Select rice setting and let Instant pot do its thing (it took 12 minutes to cook in mine).
- When instant pot beeps, let continue to sit for 4 to 10 minutes (4 minutes for firmer rice and 10 minutes for more softer rice) . Click cancel button and then turn valve to vent and let pressure release. Open lid and stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve hot or warm with your favorite Mexican meal.
Recipe adapted from Pioneer woman
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.