Healthy, easy, quick chickpea taco meal prep bowls that is nothing short of delicious. An amazing combination of tacos chickpeas,tangy pico de gallo, sweet corn, shredded cheddar, spicy jalapenos and creamy avocado slices – all piled on a bed of white or brown rice. Meal prep for the week or make it for dinner!!!
A vegetarian taco bowl!!!
Omit cheese <— Vegan taco bowl!
Spicy. Tangy. Creamy, Cheesy. Sweet. This chickpea taco meal prep bowl has it all.
Yummy and I know that you gonna love it. Because, you top with whatever or however you want.
Here’s whats in these chick pea taco bowls
- White rice (you can totally use brown)
- Taco chick peas
- pico de gallo (use store bought or homemade)
- corn (roasted or any kinda cooked corn will work)
- cheese (omit if you are vegan)
- avocado (gotta have)
- jalapeno ( gotta GOTTA have)
It’s quick you’ll. Really.
- Open a can of chickpeas and saute with onion, garlic and spices. Finish with lime juice and cilantro (you don’t need cilantro lime rice!)
- Layer on top of white or brown rice along with cooked corn, cheese, pico de gallo, avocado, jalapeno and cilantro.
To make for meal prep
Layer rice, taco chickpeas, corn, cheese, jalapenos and cilantro into meal prep containers. Store in fridge.
Store pico de gallo in small containers (or jello shot cups)
Have a ripe avocado in the fridge.
Just before eating – top the pico de gallo and sliced or chopped avocado
Love chicken? Check out these Spicy Chipotle chicken Burrito bowl made with Mexican Spiced Chicken and Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice and these Chicken Burrito Bowl Meal Prep made with ground chicken.
Wanna try low-carb version? Check out Chickpea Taco Lettuce Wraps
Chickpea Taco Meal Prep Bowls
- 1 teaspoon each chili powder, coriander powder and paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon each cumin powder, dried oregano and salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 x 15.5 ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 1/2 large ripe avocado, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1/2 cup roasted or cooked corn
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican or triple cheddar blend cheese
- sliced jalapenos
- chopped cilantro
Make spice mixture
- Stir all spice mixture ingredients together in a small bowl.
Make Taco Chickpeas
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add chickpeas and spice mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes, until spices are toasted well.
- Take off heat and stir in lime juice and cilantro.
To assemble Chickpea taco meal prep bowls (if eating immdiately)
- Divide rice between two bowls and then top with taco chickpeas, avocado, sliced pico de gallo, corn, cheese blend, jalapeños and cilantro.
To assemble Chickpea taco meal prep bowls (if meal prepping)
- Divide rice, taco chickpeas, corn, cheese blend, jalapenos and cilantro between two meal prep containers.
Store pico de gallo in seperate small (or jello shot cups) and store separately. Top pico de gallo and avocados just before eating.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.