Made with 6 wholesome ingredients, these ridiculously healthy cookies are my easy solution when a cookie craving strikes!
(Disclaimer: a close up shot of the cookie, so looks a bit larger than the actual cookie)
I love cookies
And anything sweet
‘Tis bikini season
So, a cookie that is sweet and chewy, yet out-and-out healthy
Process carrot and dates until processed like this
Add remaining ingredients, pulse about 5 times. Stir well.
Roll into 2 tablespoon measure balls
Pat into a disc and bake
Skill level – Intermediate
Ridiculously Healthy Carrot & Oat Cookies
1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped into big chunks
3 medjool pitted dates, refer notes
1 medium banana, very ripe
1 cup old fashion oats
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a food processor, add carrots and dates, process for few seconds until finely chopped (refer pictures).
3. Add remaining ingredients ( banana, oats, walnuts and cinnamon) and pulse about 5 times, until combined.
4. Remove blade and stir mixture well to evenly combine.
5. Make about 2 tablepoons measure balls and place on the prepared baking sheet (spacing evenly apart). Using your hands, gently pat into 2-inch discs (about 1/4-inch thick)
6. Place baking sheet in the middle rack on the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until deep golden on top.
7. Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 14 cookies
-I used soft Medjool dates. But, if you are using the firmer Noor variety then, soak 4 dates in hot tap water for about 15 minutes, discard water and use in recipe.
On a side note, you might also love Ridiculously Healthy Oatmeal Cookies