This bang bang cauliflower recipe features crispy baked cauliflower bites with the most delicious sweet chili mayo. ‘Tis bangin good!!!
How good do these look??
And, it’s not fried. Crispy exterior with soft cooked cauliflower on the inside!! Best baked cauliflower recipe.
Do not skip the sauce. It is the sauce that takes humble cauliflower over the top delicious.
Due to the high water content in cooked cauliflower, these nuggets won’t be crispy when cold. Delicious nonetheless.
Your picky eaters will devour this! They might not even realize that they are eating a veggie.
The secret in making the golden, crispy baked cauliflower lies in toasting the breadcrumbs. Yes, I fell in love with this method that I saw here. A regular coating of breadcrumbs doesn’t necessarily develop a golden color but also results in uneven brown and white crumby look. So, panko is first toasted in a skillet with some oil, until golden and crisp. The cauliflower pieces are then coated with this crumb, making them crispier and more browned when baked. Brilliant!
These make fabulous cauliflower tacos (recipe coming soon).
Instead of adopting a regular breading method of flour-egg mixture-bread crumb, I’ve come up with a much easier one which involves tossing the cauliflower in a batter and then coating them with breadcrumbs. The crumbs stay intact and forms a lovely crust on the outside.
Sweet chili sauce can be found in the Asian section of all major grocery stores <— one yummy sauce. Adds so much flavor without having to add tons on ingredients.
Baked Bang Bang Cauliflower
- 11/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablepsoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium cauliflower, cut into 1 to 11/2 inch florets
- Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add panko and vegetable oil. Cook until evenly golden and toasted (stirring constantly). Transfer toasted panko into a bowl and let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Stir all marinade ingredients in a medium bowl, until smooth and lump free. Add cauliflower pieces and toss around until every floret is well coated.
- Remove a floret (draining any excess marinade) into the breadcrumbs, coat all sides well with the breadcrumbs and then place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat process with all florets and place in a single layer.
- Bake cauliflower for about 30 minutes, until crisp.
Sweet chili mayo
- Stir all sweet chili mayo ingredients together. (sauce can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to a day)
- Drizzle sauce over cauliflower florets. Serve immediately.
Sweet chili sauce can be found in the Asian section of all major grocery stores <--- one yummy sauce. Adds so much flavor without having to add tons on ingredients.
Due to the high water content in cooked cauliflower, these nuggets won't be crispy when cold. Delicious nonetheless.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.