Most heavenly healthyish persimmon bread! So soft, moist and amazingly delicious that this persimmon recipe is gonna be your new family favorite.
You guys… this bread is a MUST try!
Ultra soft, moist and so delicious. ADDICTIVE.
The combo of persimmons and coconut oil is magical. In fact, there are no flavorings in this bread – like vanilla extract, ground cinnamon.
Enjoy plain or with a smear of salted butter (Mmm…)
(Recipe reposted for better pictures. Original recipe can be found here)
Why is this easy recipe using persimmons is gonna be your favorite?
- No fuss
- Packed with persimmons
Persimmon, Goat Cheese and Walnut Crostini <—- Another amazing persimmon recipe
Let’s get into the details.
How to make persimmon bread?
Step-1: Measure 2 cups of coarsely grated persimmon
Step-2: Whisk all dry ingredients together
Step-3: Beat eggs and sugar for 3 minutes, until think and pale in color. Add melted coconut oil and beat for an additional minute.
Step-4: Mix in half the flour mixture, then greek yogurt and then remaining flour mixture.
Step-5: Fold in grated persimmons
Step-6: Transfer to loaf pan. Bake. Cool. Slice.
Done and DONE
Tips and tricks on making this fabulous (Almost) healthy persimmon bread:
Persimmons – Use Fuyu variety. Select ripe persimmons that hard to the touch. Remove the stem end and grate in the coarse side of your box grater (unpeeled).
Flavorings – There is no vanilla extract / cinnamon in the recipe. That is because the flavor of coconut oil combined with persimmon is really amazing. But, feel free to use any.
Do not Over mix – As with all other baking recipes , over working the flour develops gluten and results in a not-so-soft baked product
Coconut oil – Melt coconut oil and let cool to lukewarm before adding mixing into the dough.
More HEALTHYISH recipes like this healthyish persimmon bread:
4-Ingredient Homemade Almond Butter Cups Recipe – This Homemade Almond Butter Cups recipe is ridiculously easy to make in your microwave!! A HEALTHYISH homemade treat or snack to make this Halloween season that both adults and kids can enjoy.
The 4 ingredient Guilt Free Chocolate Hummus – This wholesome 4 ingredient guilt free chocolate hummus is made with garbanzo beans, dates, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and sea salt is so delicious served with cinnamon sugar pita chips. Easy, quick and so good for you!
Easy Healthy Gluten Free Oat Waffles – Crisp, soft, easy healthy gluten free oat waffles that are incredibly easy to make with just a blender. Serve hot with maple syrup or pack into lunch boxes or freeze leftovers!
Healthyish Baked Chicken Meatballs – Loaded with ground chicken, cauliflower, carrot and mozzarella, these healthyish baked chicken meatballs are tender, soft, flavorful and perfect as is or made into appetizers, sandwiches, spaghetti and much more.
Healthyish Persimmon Bread
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablepsoon sugar
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 cups coarsely grated Fuyu persimmons or 2 large, refer notes (unpeeled)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, line bottom with parchment paper and set aside.
- Measure 1/2 cup coconut oil into a glass measuring cup (or any microwave safe bowl), microwave until completely melted and set aside until you continue to make the batter.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Combine eggs and sugar in large bowl, beat on high with a hand held electric beater for 3 minutes until thick and pale in color.Add coconut oil and beat for one more minute.
- Add half the flour mixture, beat until just mixed (do not over mix). Beat in yogurt and then the remaining flour mixture (do not over mix).
- Switching to a rubber spatula, fold in the grated persimmons, until evenly combined.
- Transfer batter into the prepared loaf pan, smooth top and bake for about 45-50 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes clean.
- Place pan on a wire rack and let cool.Remove bread from the pan after about 10 minutes and place on the wire rack to cool completely.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting kitchenathoskins.com
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe