Most heavenly healthyish persimmon bread! So soft, moist and most importantly amazingly delicious persimmon bread made with ripe fall persimmons, greek yogurt and coconut oil.
You guys… this bread is a MUST try!
Ultra soft, moist and so delicious. ADDICTIVE.
The combo of persimmons and coconut oil is magical. In fact, there are no flavorings in this bread – like vanilla extract, ground cinnamon.
Enjoy plain or with a smear of salted butter (Mmm…)
PS. For those unfamiliar with persimmons, they are basically the best that this fall season has to offer. Just sayin’.
Recipe reposted for better pictures. Original recipe can be found here.
Let’s get into the process of this best persimmon bread-
Measure 2 cups of coarsely grated persimmon. Whisk all dry ingredients together.
Beat eggs and sugar for 3 minutes, until think and pale in color. Add melted coconut oil and beat for an additional minute.
Mix in half the flour mixture.
Mix in greek yogurt and remaining flour mixture to get a thick batter.
Stir in grated persimmons and transfer batter into loaf pan. Bake.
If you love persimmons, then check out this incredible appetizer/ snack for your upcoming Holiday parties / get-togethers Persimmon, Goat Cheese and Walnut Crostini
Healthyish Persimmon Bread
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablepsoon sugar
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 cups coarsely grated Fuyu persimmons or 2 large, refer notes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, line bottom with parchment paper and set aside.
- Measure 1/2 cup coconut oil into a glass measuring cup (or any microwave safe bowl), microwave until completely melted and set aside until you continue to make the batter.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Combine eggs and sugar in large bowl, beat on high with a hand held electric beater for 3 minutes until thick and pale in color.Add coconut oil and beat for one more minute.
- Add half the flour mixture, beat until just mixed (do not over mix). Beat in yogurt and then the remaining flour mixture (do not over mix).
- Switching to a rubber spatula, fold in the grated persimmons, until evenly combined.
- Transfer batter into the prepared loaf pan, smooth top and bake for about 45-50 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes clean.
- Place pan on a wire rack and let cool.Remove bread from the pan after about 10 minutes and place on the wire rack to cool completely.
All contents and images are my original work, unless and otherwise mentioned. Please do not use my recipes or images without linking back to www.kitchenathoskins.com. If you wish to republish a recipe, please rewrite in your own words and don’t forget to include a link back to the original recipe.