Easy, pretty chocolate bark that is a perfect holiday treat!!!
Best Christmas treat…like ever.
So simple. 5 ingredients. 3 minutes of microwave time. So easy.
Aaaand, so PRETTY!!!!
Just as fun to make as it is to give.
Kids loooove to make it. It’s an edible art project.
I mean, how fun would these be to give as homemade gifts?
Skill level – Easy
White Chocolate Bark
one 11 ounce bag white chocolate chips (such as Ghiradelli)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
red mini M&M’s, as required
1 teaspoon confectioners sugar, as required
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Place white chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a medium microwavable bowl, microwave for about 1 1/2 to 3 mintues (stirring every 30 seconds), until fully melted.
3. Pour over the preapred parchment paper and spread into an approximate 10 x 5 inch rectangle. Set aside until you melt the semi-sweet chocolate.
4. Place semi-sweet chocolate in a small micriwavble bowl and microwave for 30-60 seconds (stirring every 20 seconds), until fully melted. Spoon chocolate into a quart size ziplock bag, seal and snip off one corner. Draw lines to look like branches on the white chocolate (get creative!).
5. Place red mini M&M’s on branches (to resemble berries). If your kitchen is cold, then white chocolate might harden before you are done drawing the branches. In which case, stick M&M’s to the branches (they look more prettier that way too).
6. Finally, place confectioners sugar in a small strainer and lightly dust all over the bark (don’t cover the berries and branches totally with sugar).
7. Let bark harden at room temperature or place in the refrigerator to speed up the process. Using a sharp knife, cut into pieces.
Store at room temperate or refrigerator for several days.
Use the best possible chocolate you can find. My favorite is Ghirardelli (available is all major supermarkets and Amazon.
Pick through your pack of M&M’s to get a few red ones (or ) any red candy (small ones looks more cuter) may be used instead of M&M’s.
Stick M&M’s on the branches, if the white chocolate has hardened before you are done drawing the branches.